Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone with a candy plasma blue 2005 ZX6R/636 wear a KBC VR-2?

It's sort of silly to even ask this, but I'm wondering what kind of match the blue in the helmet has to our bikes. It's really a non-issue, but I was looking at the cheaper end of the helmet spectrum for something with vibrant colors that has removeable interior and quick changing shield. This helmet can be had for anywhere between $250-300 on average, and although that's a far cry from a $79.99 HJC helmet's price tag, it's still relatively cheap compared to all of the Arai and Suomy helmets that I am in love with.

I won't be buying a new helmet any time soon most likely due to the fact that I'm looking under the cushions on the couch for pennies ( :D ) but I thought this was a good looking helmet for the money and I'm hoping it ventilates well. It seems like a well balanced helmet. How is the noise level?

My plans are to purchase several more helmets over the coming months and years. I have a total of three helmets right now. One was a spare helmet for my girlfriend before I bought her one to match my current helmet, one is the helmet I currently wear, and one was another relatively cheap helmet that the shield hardware broke on and was never fixed/replaced, if it even can be fixed or replaced.. I'd like to get an Arai or Suomy helmet, or maybe even a Shark helmet one of these days... but until that is possible, I might pick up an intermediate helmet.

So, what do you guys think? I'm sure some elitist will flame me with the typical "what is your skull worth to you?" because I don't have an $800 helmet on my head, but I'm sticking to my guns based on the helmet tests I've seen basically providing proof to the fact that the more expensive helmets are generally just better ventilated, lighter weight, and typically have nicer designs and finishes. Again, my ultimate goal is to get a more expensive helmet in the future, but I don't believe the hype that a $800 helmet will save my skull any better than a $200 helmet will.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
i have the vr-2 with the assassin paint scheme. it matches the bike really well and i love the helmet. really comfortable. only thing i dont like about them is that they are a little big, not heavy just bigger than other helmets.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the vr2 dragon gun and I love it...
Not sure about the color scheme but these helmets look good no matter what you're riding.

I think you're right about the more expensive helmets, they're mostly for show as well as weight and ventilation. The VR2 is a racing helmet and because of this, the ventilation only really kicks in when you get going. For this reason, it sometimes fogs up in the morning when I'm sitting at a light (it's about 10-15 degrees celsius here in the morning) but other than that it's great.

I can wear it for hours and not have any problems, very comfortable and easy to clean the removable inserts.

As for it being bigger, I'd have to disagree. Shoei's and Arai's may be a little smaller, but its definately smaller than a HJC or Shark.

Great helmet and I highly recommend it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.