Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you keep the exhaust looking shiny and new, mine is getting brown spots and scratches that and soap and water ain't cuttin it.

·
Registered
479 Posts
"Mothers" brand chrome polish and cleaner woked on mine. Also used "Bug and Tar remover to take off the brown spots I got from asphalt. Make sure the exhaust is cool though.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
yeah, be sure the exhuast is cold. i use mothers polish for the shine and eagle polish to keep it clean/

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will chrome polish work, even if its stainless

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
yeah, polished though

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
For polished ss / aluminum, go with the Mothers. For titanium, can't beat WD40. Even Akrapovic recommends the stuff on their website...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have scratches on my exhaust. Are there places where you can take your exhaust to get polished (or sanded down) to remove scratches?

The stock exhaust on a 1998 zx6r is aluminum right?

Sounds like "Mother's" line of products works well. Thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have a devil carbon slip on and the tip turned a brownish color almost looking like titanium. Will mother restore it back to the chrome look?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Another good product to use on your exhaust (and most metal surfaces) is NeverDull. Can be found at Walmart, Target, auto parts stores for around 4 bucks a can. Great stuff!!

inca jones

·
Registered
159 Posts
if you want the best polish blue magic is the top
nothen better ! works for any metals awsome is all i can say.
worked like magic on my rims and everything else shiny

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have a scuff in my exhaust from the thing attached to the hanger, any ideas how to clean that up. its a stainless yosh.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just read this forum 2 days ago, looking for an answer to get my exhaust cleaned up and shinny again. I got some eagle one never dull and damn that stuff works well. Just for fun I tried some on a spare shift lever I had from my 00 zx-6r that got ran over by a jeep (long story) but this is what it came out looking like, the part to the left is not polished and well... I think it's odvious

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.