Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant get my key to turn to the off position which also means I cant get it to come out. I can turn the key from the on position to the right to the parking light position. So it does turn. For a while it was kind of moody going into the off position and now it just wont. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
13 Posts
hello mate........dunno wot the weather is like in your part of the world but here in uk if its very hot or peeing down i get this problem due to condensation in the ignition barrel....wd40 on the key and sprayed in the barrel and left a while to soak in usually works...just keep gently twisting key in barrel..not too hard as dont wanna snap the key eh! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its very hot in Las Vegas, 110 most days but there is no humidity, I will give the wd40 or similar a try and see

·
Registered
13 Posts
forgot to say.......plusgas is probably better mate! 110 most days eh,be lucky if i see 10*c most days being in the north of england you lucky lucky person ;)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Could be a slightly bent key, i had it happen to me, i got it out and looked and sure enough slightly bent, so i straightened it and no probs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
sounds like you just need to lube the ignition. your going to have to get the key out first though. i prefer to use lithium grease. just spray it on the key, put in ignition and run through all the positions. repeat this a few times until its like butta. good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.