Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so there were only 3 of us there, but still not a bad showing for such a spontaneous trip.

I talked to Jaime aka Daunltless636 (long time member but not very active) earlier in the week and planned to meet up with him and a bunch of his buddies coming from Kentucky on Saturday. So I get there and they aren't there yet so I make my first run through to get warmed up. I stop to take a break at the Overlook and this weirdo comes up and asks me if my name is Joe. WTF? It turns out to be J fukin t.

I remember him making a post about making the trip down, but I had totally forgot he would be there. I guess he recognized my leathers and bike and figured what are the odds of it was someone else.

I'm glad he found me, we ended up having a great time riding together. I was quite suprised at how well he rode considering he lived in such a twisty challenged area. He said he owes it all to interstate on/off ramps. LOL

Here are a few videos I took riding with Jeff, (j fukin t). I should have a few more up later. (I suggest clicking "watch in high quality")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8KQqBLNOqI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn-1D8P9y6g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QERY7zHAatU&feature=related

I think I have one following you too Jaime, that partial run before we hit traffic. I still haven't gone through all the footage, I'll have to check when I get back home and see what I got. I would have liked to get some more of you, but we just ran out of time unfortunately.

I guess I'll let Jeff and Jaime tell the rest of the story if they want. But overall it was just a great weekend. One minor crash on the Cherohala Skyway, one written warning from the LEO for me, and a whole lot of pissed off Harley riders. Great success!

I had a great time riding with you guys, we need to do it all again before the end of the year.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
hell ya man, that amg chase came out good, Let me first let the forum know Joe is FAST, i'm sure i held him up quite a few times, but we still had a fucking blast, i'm now going to watch all the videos :D

here is some of what i got ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoQOwjKKkY

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hell ya man, that amg chase came out good, Let me first let the forum know Joe is FAST, i'm sure i held him up quite a few times, but we still had a fucking blast, i'm now going to watch all the videos :D

here is some of what i got ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoQOwjKKkY
Nah man, you were running a really good pace. The only place you may have held me up were in some of the fast blind sections that you have to really know the road in order to know you can stay on the throttle.

I had a lot of fun riding with you, especially those last two runs on sunday after the cops left. I'm glad I stayed around a little later than planned. Got home kinda late, but it was worth it.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
btw joe remember when i told you i lost the rear end on a left, its at about 3 mins in to the rear view cam, you'll see my headlight SNAP back & fourth, (oh shit moment 1) oh shit moment 2 was the wide left on the line :D

Btw talked to my dad bout moving that way :D :Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
27,368 Posts
dude, I was watching that video thinking, man I was so slow on that road. I easily was averaging 10mph slower than you guys on my trip there last year. And that is a nice camera setup you got there Joe. Good quality. Nice riding all around guys.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
I had a great time riding with you guys, we need to do it all again before the end of the year.
JD said he's gonna have some time in the end of sept early oct & a buddy of mine said the same, so shit maybe we'll do it again then ;) def getting a hotel this time, none of that driving shit :(

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
dude, I was watching that video thinking, man I was so slow on that road. I easily was averaging 10mph slower than you guys on my trip there last year. And that is a nice camera setup you got there Joe. Good quality. Nice riding all around guys.
lol, wanna know the fucked up part, both of us are slow compared to the locals that show up past 6:30 :D them guys i tell you are amazing

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
Rainking and I went down there last summer, and I'm glad it was just us! We were so damn slow the first down and back. but by the end of the first day we were holding our own. Wanted to get back down there this summer, but it didn't pan out... maybe next summer.

Now, to watch the videos!

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
:Laughing rolling:

Still gotta make my virgin Gap trip :D
well quit talking & lets do it, if you got a pickup truck it can be fairly cheap esp if a few of us meet there & get a few rooms

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
well quit talking & lets do it, if you got a pickup truck it can be fairly cheap esp if a few of us meet there & get a few rooms
Man, i had a pickup too and I traded it for my lil Sentra cause my brother-in-law needed a truck :(

I might be hitting up the N. GA mountains in Sept though (tagging along with some friends)

I'll post up if I do

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
Pretty cool videos...just one questions. In the first clip, is that really a gang of scooter riders hittin' the twisties? Man, I wouldn't fuck with a scooter rider on a banana yellow ride!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.