Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ride one yet? From dicking around with a display model at the dealer, I know they're noticeably lighter than my KFX400... and the suspension feels a bit more compliant...

I'd like to hear from anyone familiar with the 400 who's tried the 450...

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
It pretty much does everything better, and really doesn't feel like the old 400. With the perimieter frame, motor that's totally different, and FI.. It feels lighter and smaller to me, but I haven't checked the specs to back that up.

·
28,939 Posts
kfx's 400/z400 are pretty much THE trail machine, the new 450 are faster/wider/better suspension. i have been out of touch with the atv world for a few years now though, but ive been dying to get on one.

all the 450's are pretty wide, almost too wide for the tight mountain trails we have around here.

im pretty sure the new kawi 450 is the only one of the bunch with reverse too.

ive got one on my list.

·
Powerhungry
37,523 Posts
i havent ridden one, but have heard NOTHING but good things.
they are BIG tho. but the 700's are MUCH bigger.
i think the new 450's are just about as good as it gets.
more than enough power, but not overly big or heavy.
id LOVE to have one. just cant justfiy the money.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
my new favorite 450, love the look of them n the fit n finsh

·
Registered
32 Posts
I own a KFX 400 and I've tried out a YFZ450, TRX450 and the Can Am DS-450 and man the Can Am owns them all. Unfortunately I can't comment on the Kawi 450 cause I never rode one before. I really want to try out the LTR450 I'm hearing good things

·
Registered
327 Posts
so i know this is over a year old but figured id throw my 2 cents in neways incase some one else is considering picking up a 450 sized sport quad..

the kfx450r is a damn good trail quad, it does very good on the track to. but it comes alive and owns on the trails due to it mainly being designed for trail riding over track riding. if you are doing a mix of trail and track riding with more trail time id go with the kfx. but if you are more of a track/racing person. hands down the yfz450r would be the way to go in my eye's. awsome thing is that both models for the 2010 line up use efi, so when you do exhaust and intake mods, or internal motor work. you dont have to mess with jets, just plug in a fuel controller and go for a ride.

if you want to compare specs a good place it do it at is the woodsfuncenter.com website.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts