Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
I had mine done for $25. Took the guy about 15 mins to do. I was concern about the strength and he told me that the weld he did was much stronger than the original. From the looks of it I would agree and I constantly sit on my bike with the kickstand down without any problems.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where have you had yours done? Muffler shop? Where do they do something like this?
Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Take off your kickstand and take it to the dealer. Tell them that you had your bike lowered and ask them if they can lower the kickstand for you. Most likely, they will do it for free or a very small fee. Had a guy did my kickstand at my dealer for no charge, but I handed him $10.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Where have you had yours done? Muffler shop? Where do they do something like this?
Thanks for your feedback.
I called a bunch of welding/metal work shops in my area and told them what I wanted done. It's such a simple job that they all gave me an estimate over the phone so I didn't have to drive around. I noticed that the small shops are much cheaper. The big fancy ones wanted $95-$125 to do the job. You do need to take off the kickstand and take it to the shop. If the shop took the time to take it off the bike for me, they said they would charge extra.

BTW, I lowered my bike (ZX-6R) 1.25" and cut off 1.25" from my kickstand. It was perfect.

Take off your kickstand and take it to the dealer. Tell them that you had your bike lowered and ask them if they can lower the kickstand for you. Most likely, they will do it for free or a very small fee. Had a guy did my kickstand at my dealer for no charge, but I handed him $10.
I asked my stealership and they don't do anything for free! Said it would be an hour charge for the job :mad:.

·
Registered
88 Posts
HEY i'll trade you my lowered stand for your stock one. my bike was lowered when i got it but that's not my style, so i raised it but now my stand is way too short and i have to put a block under it every time i park. it sucks. so yeah if youwant to trade let me know. just take it off and ship it. you pay shipping on yours to me and i'll pay shipping on mine to you.

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
if you decide to cut and weld, made sure that the angle is correct on the foot, so it lies nice and flat..

my 7-R is UBER low, and requires a modified kickstand..

and yes.. regular steel MIG wire typically has a tensile strength of 60,000-70,000 psi. it's pretty damn strong..lol

McCoy motorsports and other guys carrying custom stuff usually have nice polished or chromed (or adjustable) stands.. they look to be a bit pricey tho.. thus the reason i do all my own work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts