Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I modded my kickstand by grinding down the stopper. The part where the kickstand meets the rest of the bracket when it is in the down position, holding up the bike. The kickstand actually moved forward more about 1-2 inches.

I am wondering if there is anyone near or in Central NJ that wants to meet up so I can see how different my bike is from the pre-modded stock kickstand and how different the lean is. It does seem to lean a bit more and is definately MUCH sturdier. Now I don't need to worry about the bike ever falling over...

People, ITS SIMPLE! And besides there has been write-ups on this before!! BUT just because I have a few free minutes...

WIth bike on stands (preferably) or someone holding it or taking off the kickstand, (your preference) Lift up the kickstand and bring it down and watch for where the kickstand shaft or whatever meets the actual bracket. On the bracket side is where you will use a grinder or whatever tools you need to grind it down. I shaved away probably just a hair more than a quarter of an inch. EVERY bike is different. Do at your own risk!! Oh and I used a cheesy little rotozip with a grinder style bit on it. I bought a whole kit (POS!!!) at BJ's for $20. But it did the trick LOL. Good Luck!

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Where in Central Jersey? I live near the woodbury commons but would have no problem meeting up and going for a ride as well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I can get pics for every1 but I doubt you would be able to notice the difference. If I had a second bike with the stock kickstand I would definately take pics. But Im going to try anyway.

Honestly, I still get worried on really steep hills but so far it seems like the best bet. I never park on grass, thats just stupid. Wind is no big deal. And if my neighbors kids did something that stupid they would soooooo regret it haha. Thanks for the heads up though.

And Exilent, Im in Old Bridge. I usually ride out with alot of people. Wednesday night is Fuddruckers on Rt 1 in New Brunswick and Thursday nights are at Hooters on Rt 22 in Union. (bike meets) UNFORTUNATELY all the guys or girls I ride with have the "me too" bikes. (gixxers) I blow away Gixxer 600s and just slighty lose to a 750 on straight roads. Twisties is all about the rider. But Im Im done writing this novel lol...get at me peoples.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I updated with some pics for all of you and a brief how-to. Its not rocket science people. No one showed me how to do it. I just did it. Sometimes in life you gotta take chances lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.