Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey new to this!!
i notice everyone has like 05 models and was wondering if theres anyone who has a 99 zx6r who has any secrets to tell me about them. like improving them!!
i have a yoshi 3 2 on it.

i have read that there prone to wallow a bit in the turns, and to increase the pre-load on the rear shock by a few turns (to put more weight on the stiff front end) as well as adjusting the compression damping by four clicks and the rebound damping by two. apparently With those minor changes, the front end has more weight. better riding.meant to feel more planted and stable, providing me with the feedback needed to maintain high cornering speeds. It also meant to keep the back end of the bike from bobbing and weaving in the turns over rough pavement or during on/off throttle transitions

anyone??

·
Registered
301 Posts
old school 6r forum. you should have better luck there.

·
Registered
532 Posts
so what are you asking again? if its sup. setup, then thats different for everyone.

·
Registered
157 Posts
There's not a ton of difference between the 98-99 models and early 2000ish Zx's and ZZR'r. I'm not aware of any problems such as wallowing. That could be due to wrong suspension setup as earlier stated or even rider input. I'd make sure it's tuned properly and has a good set of tires and ride the heck out of it. It's a great bike and doesn't give much away to the newer bikes.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
the 92-02 6r and 05-06zzr are actually very stable bike right out of the crate. Sup. set ups will be different for every rider. not sure what ur asking, a more specific ? would help

·
Registered
939 Posts
there is plenty of good info here, and helpful tricks to pull some extra power out of your bike.
search..
shimming
kleen air mod
suspension
ext..
almost anything you want to know about your bike is somewhere on this site you just have to ask the right question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.