Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, after 3 weeks of frustrating problems with the bike....it seems it is going in the right direction.....I had a huge problem with the factory MAP sensor....got that problem fixed after ALMOST taking the turbo off and goin back to the NITROUS...I mean I was real close to goin back to the nitrous...but some good people over on psychobike helped me out with the way I needed to hook up my check valve....I ended up using 2 check valves just to be on the safe side...and now the fun begins.....I am using my wideband to tune it for now....and it seems like we are getting real close to where it needs to be......1st gear with only 2 up in the rear is SICK.....when this thing comes up on boost from a roll HANG DA F#$K on.....its tough to see what the boost is at in first gear, the thing just pulls so quick..its soooooooo hard to foot shift it in first...air shifter to the rescue.....2nd and 3rd are seeing- 6-7psi now and 5th and 6th see's 5psi......I am heading to the track next weekend to do some shakedown runs...nothing fancy, just gunna take it easy off the line, maybe leave on about 2psi and ride it out, just to get a feel and to log some runs.....gunna get a handle on 5psi then crank it up to 10psi......

I went for a long ride today, prolly around 200miles....the bike saw boost prolly 60% of the time and had NO ISSUES.......I was on the Highway for upwards of 30 mins to and hour at a time, cruising at 9500rpm and boost from 2psi to 6psi with no problems....never got hot and didnt burn any oil.....it seems to be real solid right now..just need to fine tune it.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
good deal man. keep us updated. my boy was running 6 lbs and yeah, hold the fuck on lol. but it went to hell, took it off to go back to nos, found out it fucked a wrist pin.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Sounds sweet. Although you are running really low pressures. Did you lower the compression any? I am doing a turbo on my bike (98, bored to a 636, and its in the process of being fuel injected) and i am planning on running 10-12lbs on up to 15lbs. But i am also lowering the compression a bit. Anyways, let us know how it holds up!
Ben

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds sweet. Although you are running really low pressures. Did you lower the compression any? I am doing a turbo on my bike (98, bored to a 636, and its in the process of being fuel injected) and i am planning on running 10-12lbs on up to 15lbs. But i am also lowering the compression a bit. Anyways, let us know how it holds up!
Ben
nope..bump'd it up a little...I have the J/E stock bore pistons in it ... 13.2 to 1 comp
...the bike will see between 10 and 15psi when all is said and done....im trying to sneak up on the boost and tune up so I dont have to sacrifice more pistons to the PISTON GODS....LoL......The boost that my bike is seeing now is all with 93 octane pump gas......when we bump it up, then comes the good gas.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Took it apart again today......Had to move the shifter...not happy about that.......Made a new chain guard, my new K&N came in today....here are some pics from today: : :

Check Valve problems solved.

New Chain Guard

Intake pic

Intake sticker

junk In The Trunk....!!!

PCIII USB, IGNITION MODULE,MSD LAUCHMASTER,DYNOJET MULTI HUB and DYNOJET WIDEBAND

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Took it apart again today......Had to move the shifter...not happy about that.......Made a new chain guard, my new K&N came in today....here are some pics from today: : :

Why did you have to move the shifter? And what do you have going on in the tank forward of the plenum? Things seem to be coming together for you man. My project just took another hit by way of a $208.50 ticket on my 1k:( 4 points and I have a CDL so no class... ouch!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I had to move the shifter because of the dyno jet quick shifter---its a push type....I didnt think of that when I mounted the ram on the oil pan...the way I had it mounted, I needed a pull type......oh well...Ill get an air kill later down the road......The tank is my new overflow for the radiator...I had to axe my stock overflow tank and just made a new one and mounted it there.....fits real nice there...LoL.
Sorry to hear about your ticket...I have a chauffeur license, I understand about getting tickets like that.....hopefully everything works out for ya.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.