Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Does the KIT ECU work for the 05 636's? I searched, couldn't find info on it. What's the deal? Will the KIT ECU for the 05 600's work on the 636? Anyone done it?
Yep. I am running it in my current race bike 05 zx6r. Fits both R and RR models. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Well there is a guy selling a KIT ECU on the classified section, and he says that it doesn't work for the 636. Are there 2 different models of the KIT ECU for the 636 and the 600?

What are your numbers? did you tune it yourself?
He just doesn't know and is covering his a$$. If he tried it in a 636 and it didn't work then there is something wrong with the 636 or the KIT ECU. There was only one KIT ECU made for the "600" class ninja and it is for the ZX6RR but it works in the ZX6R(636) just fine. My KIT ECU and all my documentation for it is for the RR. So the 05-06 ZX6RR KIT ECU will work in the 05-06 ZX6R(636).

I tuned 118rwhp on pump with full exhaust nothing else. I had a shop tune it but I had to buy the tuning cable(which is like $400) because I couldn't find a shop that had one.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
you need a dyno to tune it, and a lot of knowledge..
I got the 03/4 kit ecu and stuck on my 636 with no issues either.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Check with Kevin at Advance Kawasaki (Forum sponsor) He knows about all that stuff. Is there really any point in running the Kit ECU though? Can't you do the same stuff for less $ with a PCIII? Seems like you could buy a PCIII for less than the Kit ECU cable costs.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Well kit ECU can tune your ignition (it's another $$$ for PC to do it) and gives you control over sub throttle valves (possibly hard to tune) and rev limiter. So kit ECU is better than a piggypacked PCIII alone.

There is a one exception on the ecu list: 04 ZX-6RR ecu is for the RR model only, so confirm it isn't the one on sale.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The 04 ZX-6RR ECU won't work in 636. 03 ZX-6RR ECU will fit both 03 and 04 ZX-6R models. I have a 03 ZX-6R with KIT ecu fitted, nothing has been adjusted but it has been dynoed and the a/f is ok (a little rich). So now you know one... ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Don't forget the KIT ecu can turn off the exhaust valve servo too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts