Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to post some feed back from my IVANS KLEEN AIR mod, or as some call it, Air induction removal.

I noticed when doing a search, there wasn't so many post regarding this mod on this forum, at least not for the 10.

First I tried to bypass the kleen air valve with a piece of tube(high temp), but I was not satisfied with how the bike reacted after this.

It was surging on idle, and low revs, and still high popping, but less than before.

So I installed the IVANS block off plates, and removed the KLEEN AIR system completely. This was a major improvement, the bike seems to run smoother, and the surging has disapeared.

Any HP gain? I think so, with full tank of gas, it now power wheelies easily in 3rd, only blibbing the throttle at around 8-9K rpms, this was harder to do before. I would love to do a dyno run before and after, but I've no chanche of doing that, so I have to use my But dyno.

[B)]

·
Registered
341 Posts
What's the purpose of the valve you're removing? Is it to reduce intake air flow at low RPM's in conjuction with the exhaust valve?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Kleen air removal does nothing as far as performance goes. But it does remove about 4 pounds of crap when you include the kawi carb( thats the black box on the right side of Cali models). It also reduces back firing. Kleen siphons uncombusted fuel back to the exhaust for a second turn at combustion. Carb siphons fuel vapor from the fuel tank to the intake system.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by NavyMac
What's the purpose of the valve you're removing? Is it to reduce intake air flow at low RPM's in conjuction with the exhaust valve?
At least it lets your bike breath a little better.

And reduce your pooping.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have done same mod to my bike except nI havent gotten the block off plates yet. I used this stretch type really sticky tape on the holes to plug up and it works fine, we have done it to numerous bikes at our shop. Also we seal the entire air box and re-route the crank case breather to outside the bike into a seperate breather.

simple enough to do and keeps unwanted un-needed hot/warm air + oil out of your air box!

·
Registered
22 Posts
just got my ivans plates. can u be more specific on the install. where is it actually installed, cause the instructions are not to useful. do i need a PCIII? do you have some more pics, and finally has anyone here used the ivan's TRE. does that require remapping? what are the improvments? thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
well I can answer the block off plates answer for you. They are right near the coil plug caps under neath the air box so you need to remove everytihing to get the tank off plus the air box and then the plates will be there and its pretty straight foward from there. You DO NOT need a pc3 for this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
just finishsed up installing my ivan's block off plates and TRE. pretty easy but a little time consuming (about 2 hours total). my question is does anyone have a the same set up with no PCIII. if not am i gonna run into problems that i should know about. I also have devil slip on's

·
Registered
125 Posts
The block offs dont do anything differnt than with them on in performance for you other than keep the hot air out which the bike compansates for differnt air temps anyways threw their sensors so doing this mod isnt going to screw with anything that you have done right now so you will be safe.

·
Registered
310 Posts
That kleen air shit sounds like what is called an egr exhaust system on my westernstar truck......If it is of the same concept....just dump it all off...

·
Registered
121 Posts
actually isnt it more like a egr more than a pvc, exhaust gas recirculator recirculates exhaust back into the combustion chamber to decrease emissions and is attatched to the exhaust system!!! a pvc positive crankcase ventillation ventillates the crankcase of pressure, thus saving oil that is not contaminated from any blow by of fuel which deteriorates oil properties and also can save oil pan seals and freeze plugs from bulging out and or pushing them out in an extreme situation.

·
Registered
121 Posts
shit, i mean the other way around, its more a pvc than a egr, now i look like a dumb ass, i am agreeing with the one dude that said it is like a pcv!!! shit.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.