Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i went to my local dealer today and took a peek into a fresh crate and there it was, good looking bike, reasonably priced, but is a 250 enough for the mean streets of ny? im looking to wheelie till the rear tire pops and hit every urban jump i can find. what your opinion?
sprocket and pipe do you think ill be happy with this bike being 6'2 190lbs, or am i just gonna kill this lil thing, ive wanted a motard for some time now, ive road my buddys 07 dzr plenty but l feel its a bit bulky i want something i can through around.and id love it to be a kawi cause it would look alot better next to the zx6r than a susuki or a yamaha

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
huh... this forum moves slow

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I used to have an XT225 when I lived in the Bronx and I didn't really like it for the streets. It's underpowered when you really need to get out of a cabbies face quick. IMO the 4-650's make better SM's.

My DR650 rocked the streets of NY for a long time and it didn't even have SM trim. Great city bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i love my 07 , im in florida but, i i try to ride it like a bmx bike, off curbs, downstairs retention ditches drop offs works great for me! and its nice and light...

im 6'1 185lbs so we're pretty close

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is something that I have been thinking about. I don't understand why they wouldn't put some kind of iteration of the klx motor.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I do not wee why Kawi cant make a 400 like the suzuki with a trimmed up and updated plastic it would sell like a hot cake! I still am atracted to the 250 though!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I was thinking about buying one, but it sounds like I'd be better off starting with a 400cc or larger bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts