Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the extra weight of the ZX7R, I want to know if any one has had any problems getting their knee down on the ZX7R. I got close on my old bike, CBR250RR, and am only just getting used to my ninja. I get to half tilt and the bike changes character completely and loves sliding the rear. This could pose a problem for getting the knee down yeah?

·
Registered
39 Posts
if the tires that you have are new, take it easy for a little while... but once they are fine, warm them up , and then you can go all out on it.

I had problems at first , but once you practice it you'll fall in love with the bike even more.... try to go into the turn faster and sit on the endge of the seat more before you get into the turn, that helped me.

Ride safe

·
Registered
111 Posts
the 7 will do it(I got some used kneesliders to sell ya if you wanna impress the chicks-j/k)...but seriously go take a track day school(I recommend california superbike school)!

·
Registered
273 Posts
oh i need to find my old pictures from the old race days and upload them since they were from before my internet days...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by evildead
the 7 will do it(I got some used kneesliders to sell ya if you wanna impress the chicks-j/k)...but seriously go take a track day school(I recommend california superbike school)!
Keith Code's school is run down here as the Australian Superbike School by a bloke called Steve Brouggy. I am intending on doing this course when mone allows for it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
In it's day the 7R was king in the AMA. Drag knee on a 7r? Of corse you can. Just as Dragone said. You can drag knee on most bikes. The weight of the 7R dosn't bother me... If anything it makes the bike feel more stable in the corners. :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
yeah.. i agree with flick... the 7r is one of the most stable platforms i've ever ridden.. and i've ridden a shitload of bikes

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yup, I recommend them too. Level 1 and Level 2 will let you build up a nice confidence, and before you know it - your not a knee-virgin anymore :D

(And just so you know it, Eric Bostrom put the 7R so far down in the AMAs that his elbows touched the ground. For real[8D])

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Originally posted by LazyEye

And just so you know it, Eric Bostrom put the 7R so far down in the AMAs that his elbows touched the ground. For real
yeah... here... hope this helps...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Damn, thats a low Kwaka!!!! Awesome!

I will post some photo's up when I eventually get my knee down.

Thanks everyone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.