Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

first forum post so i apologize early if my formatting isnt the best.

a couple months ago i went to go inspect a 08 250r i was hoping to purchase from a lovely owner,
everything about the bike was great (a steal, if im honest) but the one thing that concerned me was that my knees didnt feel like they were in the absolute best place.
i sat on the bike and had my feet on the pegs in a normal way,
not on my toes or on my heels, but right in the middle,
and my knee area was touching the crease on the gas tank where the tank indents start and then go down,
for your legs to firmly kind of grasp the tank, as you all easily know.​

should i be worried that my knees werent square inside the indent area, and were a little higher towards the edge?

OneWheelDrive.Net » Kawasaki Ninja 250R

link to a site i found with an example of a general rider sitting at a normal position. first picture. from what i can see,
it seems his knees were at the same location that mine were in,
which is why i thought it was a good idea to post and ask on here.

appreciate the help in advance.

·
Registered
969 Posts
If it's not custom made for you, you probably won't get a "perfect" fit. As long as it's not causing any problems I don't know why it would matter. Are you freakishly tall and your knees are almost flush with the top of the tank? Sounds like you were fine though.

By the way, you want to be on the balls of your feet so your toes don't drag the ground when you go around a corner.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm 6'6" and still rocked my little 250. Cruisin round town I would have my knees ABOVE that crease. On the highway I would have my toes on the rearsets so my knees are in the crease. You'll be fine

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
38 Posts
No Worries

I'm a little late to the party but I'd be in agreement with the other comments... Knee position varies from one bike to another... as you progress, and move on to other motorcycles, or even if you stay with the ninja from here on out, you must find the riding position most comfortable to you and where your knees naturally touch the sides of the motorcycle. This position varies with how tall you are and those with shorter legs may find that there knees touch somewhere just below the tank. Seat position also plays a part.. Say you're in the tucked position where your chest is near or resting on the tank... likely you'll be sitting further back in the seat and your knees will be higher up... in either case as long as you are able to grip the sides of the bike, whether its the side of the tank or below, just be sure you feel secure and stable.. tank grips can be added for additional security and other grip materials can be added to various parts of the sides of the bike where your knees naturally touch..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts