Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to get the front fender mounts off the bottom of the fork tubes?

I've been going at this for 2 days now and haven't been able to figure it out. I have the bottom allen bolt out. There's also a very small torx screw in the side that I pulled out, although I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

But if anyone has any knowledge how to get those mofo's off, I could use it!

Bike is a 08 zx-6

Thanks!
-Cody

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that shows how to take the front fender off. I'm a noob, but not that much of a noob.

I'm looking to take off the black brackets at the bottom of the fork where the axle goes, and the front fender and calipers bolt to.
-Cody

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the black thing at the end of the fork, where the axle goes through:

-Cody

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Why are you trying to take it off? Depending on the manufacturer there are some that are pressed on and held in place with a set screw while others are threaded on.

Generally speaking they come as a whole unit and are not meant in any way to be detached from the fork slider.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that you're actually trying to change the seals on a leaking unit or install an aftermarket setup (either choice requires a complete dissassembly from the top). You're going to wreck your lowers trying to get that off.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The lowers are already wrecked. It's a parts bike and someone was wanting to buy them.
-Cody

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
As I said, they aren't meant to come apart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts