Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

Anyone have any experince from wiring Koso DB01R+ to er6n?
I have been looking, but havent yet found proper instruction how to wire it..
Anything else seems to be fine but the fuel warning light is on all the time and no idea how i should rewire it to burn only when needed!

Please post any diagrams here if you have experience from connecting this speedometer! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Horlicks for linking that diagram.

I actually connected wires pretty much according to that even the speedometer isnt the same.. db01r+ has 2 more warning lights, nothing else I think compared to db01r..

·
Registered
107 Posts
I made this a while back for connecting to a 2009, but I think the 2010 is exactly the same. The settings on the diagram should also be correct, unless you've put a different sized tyre on it or something.

http://i.imgur.com/4v4gK.png

The Koso DB01R+ looks like it just has an extra fuel warning light and engine warning light. You can connect those to the wires on the bike for the FI light (brown/red) and fuel light (green/black)

·
Registered
83 Posts
let me get this straight seeing as im a tad bit confused... the way this is set to wire up, i dont need to put any sensors anywhere? does it use all of the bikes OEM sensor?

what i mean by this: Is it just plug (based on the wire diagram) and play???

oh and do I solder the wires? or do i just twist them and wrap with electrical tape???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cut wires, peel them and reconnect to koso speedometer. I am gonna solder the wires and I recommend that you do also. Dont think electrical tape will be that good. I'll post here when I have done connecting and tell how it works out!

Make sure you cut wires from a point where you can reconnect them back to oem meter at someday if you change your mind ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
accidented bike... no oem meter lol... prob wont ever change back... but i was looking at a post from someone who found the matching connector to the oem one of the bike... looked interesting... i may need to inquire about it tho...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
bob_hackr, did you have problems with speedometer power? I connect according your pic, meter starts when I plug in battery but shuts down right away. Which one I need to swap that meter gets 12v when power is turned on?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm not quite sure what's happening there. I'd just double and triple check the wiring, make sure it's all connected properly and that there's no shorts or dry joints. If you can't find anything wrong then maybe it's a fault with the meter itself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Checked everything 3 times, all colors are as in the picture you posted. Everything is solded properly. Only thing now that can go wrong is that db01r and db01r+ has different meaning in some color wire. I get signal to meter when i turn on power, but it shuts down right away.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah I would make sure that the wire colours for the DB01r and the DB01r+ are the same. I would be very suprised if they had changed them though.

Otherwise, start from scratch and eliminate possibilities:

-Disconnect everything except +12v and -12v, does it work?
-Try the original clocks, do they still work?
-Try an independant 12v power source, does that work?
-If you have a multimeter, make sure that you are getting 12v on the wires you'd expect it to be

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Meter is working properly, just that background light only receives power for few seconds when i turn on power from key. The problem is that which of the wires is for background light..

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this post is old, but I have answer to your problem. Conect your low beam (green and yellow) with your ignition power. The low beam wire is for your back light on the koso db 01r+

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys,
I came across the horlicks wiring diagram as I was trying to connect the db-01r to my 09 650r. I was wondering if anyone has any information as to what may be causing my speedometer readings to be be wildly inaccurate at times and seem as though the speedo reacts to the engine revs. I wired it up exactly the way you laid it out in the diagram and used the settings you specified as well. The strange part is that everything else seems like it is working perfectly, turn signal light, neutral, rpm, etc., just the speedometer seems off. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys ! I have a ER6N 07 and the Koso DB01R+

I use this diagram http://i.imgur.com/4v4gK.png

Everything works except the fuel signal, I know this is normal from my 07. But i have something realy weird... My speed doesn't work. Well... it works but the number is not right.

At 5km/h my Koso say 130km/h (just for example), I don't use the speed signal sensor from the Koso, I cut the 3 wires and I connect everything like the wiring scheme.

Do you have any idea ?

It seems i have the same problem that koncept551. Maybe Koso change something... really strange. If no one has an idea, i'm going to buy the L bracket... :(

I can't put the speed sensor from Koso because i don't have the bracket type L...
Thanks guys and sorry for my English.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.