Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all... just bought the kreem gas tank liner combo kit.(liner and prep) but looking back the site said it was meant for a 3 gallon tank... but alas i have a damn near 5 gallon. Anyone have any experience with this? think i'll be alright or do i have to order more?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Never heard of it...What the hell is it for? [:M74]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kreem ... its a popular tank liner... if you form rust in your tank this kit help you get it out and then coat the inside of the tank to prevent further corrosion

hmm upon second evaluation i take this forum to be more of a "look what i got" than a "do it yourself" forum...no?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Originally posted by QuickstreeK
Kreem ... its a popular tank liner... if you form rust in your tank this kit help you get it out and then coat the inside of the tank to prevent further corrosion

hmm upon second evaluation i take this forum to be more of a "look what i got" than a "do it yourself" forum...no?
Why? because one person asked what kreem is. there is plenty of good advice and useful info, such as diy, on here. anyhow. it will work for a larger tank but will be a thiner coat of protection. will still remove rust.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,495 Posts
Originally posted by QuickstreeK

Eh...it's a biker community forum. DIY's are here every now and then, and the two-wheeled discussion forum is mostly just news and 'look what I got', but if you have any questions (like this one) post them up and anyone that knows about the question will answer pretty quickly.

With that said, I've never heard of that product, but it seems to me that it'll just be slightly less effective going from a 3 gallon to a 5 gallon, just like any other product. All you're doing is just 'dilluting' it, per se'...should still work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
perhaps i am proven wrong... yeah im a member of ex500riders... site's been up and down all month...
i found JCW had a kit with a quart so im gonna pick that up and try to offf the other one. actually saw the guzzi dude but i was more concerned about the spreading. mine as well do it right the first time though. i hear its miserable to remove if u F it up.

Thanks for all the replies fellas! much appreciated

-QK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.