Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys?

one of my friends just got an 08 KTM RC8. He says that it does 0-60mph in less than 2.6 secs and its top speed is around 340 kmph. Surely that would make it faster than the busa and ZX14? its around 1200 cc but i still dont think its possible. your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
Where is your buddy from? Pictures?

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,869 Posts
A motorcycle's 0-60 is very subjective. Most places just say 'under 3 seconds' and leave it at that, since most supersport and super bikes these days can peg it under 3, and other than that it's pretty hard to be consistent. As for 340kph...not so much. That's well over 200mph. It just won't happen, man. Sounds like your friend either was fed BS from the salesman (very common) or is just trying to brag.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
A motorcycle's 0-60 is very subjective. Most places just say 'under 3 seconds' and leave it at that, since most supersport and super bikes these days can peg it under 3, and other than that it's pretty hard to be consistent. As for 340kph...not so much. That's well over 200mph. It just won't happen, man. Sounds like your friend either was fed BS from the salesman (very common) or is just trying to brag.
Sounds like both...

The RC8 is an 1190cc V-twin (iirc). The busa and 14 are both I4's (meaning they each have two more cylinders). Simply put, a 4 cylinder motor is going to make more hp than a 2 cylinder (4 stroke) motor of the same displacement. Also afaik, the new zx-10r recently tested faster than the busa and the 14 up to 180mph, though.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. RC8 is awesome bike. Do you know what he paid for it approximately?

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,869 Posts
Edit: Don't get me wrong. RC8 is awesome bike. Do you know what he paid for it approximately?

I think I remember seeing somewhere that the US MSRP was either 24k or 28k...not sure though...either way it's a LOT of money. lol I mean you could buy a 312r for that kind of cash and have a much better total package, IMO.

·
Registered
744 Posts
u should youtube the bike to commerical from them made my heart race i want one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts