Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't care if this is a repost..i looked for it and couldn't find it...so yea here's some pics from the ama website

might compete in the superbike series..after a lot of testing imo...prob won't happen but it'd be cool

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
holy hell..i just noticed the exhaust pipe comes out at the bottom of the fairing.cool..oh and here's a pic of the engine

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'd like to see them race it in AMA/World sbk. It sorta looks like a blend of the kawi moto-gp early prototype and a gixxer1k to me.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Redesign the headlight, gauges, and do away with the solo section and it would be pretty sweet.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I've seen the Duke in person... looks wicked! I doubt it would take much more than a couple of hours to lose your license on that thing. Wheelie mania!!! The paint is a killer pearl orange...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Originally posted by Mike636
I've seen the Duke in person... looks wicked! I doubt it would take much more than a couple of hours to lose your license on that thing. Wheelie mania!!! The paint is a killer pearl orange...
Where did you see one? I took this photo out of a magazine that just came out and they said this bike was a prototype.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
That is one ugly POS. It looks like a couple of 3rd graders folded up a box a few times for the lines...I think I'm going to be sick...

·
Registered
650 Posts
I agree...barf-o-rama....First of all something will change with those side fairings or else you will have 10 degree burns on your knees even with full leathers on...DUH! And that front end...BLAH...gross!!! I've never been fond of KTM though...and their colors are always so drab...they need a woman on the design team...haha...women or gay guys...hahaha

·
Registered
363 Posts
Originally posted by dman
The Duke is no prototype. It's been around for a while.
Damn, Cycle World, whenever I post something I read in cycle world somebody tells me its false or old news. Why do I buy that stupid rag?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Originally posted by dtmsurf
Originally posted by dman
The Duke is no prototype. It's been around for a while.
Damn, Cycle World, whenever I post something I read in cycle world somebody tells me its false or old news. Why do I buy that stupid rag?
Maybe that style is just new. I know the one I sat on was a 660 I think. The one in that pic is a 990.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The duke is not a prototype. The first series of pictures are the prototype. The solo seat is a good thing IMHO. That means that they can actually put good suspension on it that doesn't have to be designed for two up riding. As far as the styling, that's obviously very subjective. The front end incorporates ram air, so that's why the front looks like it does.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.