Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1980 KZ 750 G1 Clutch would not engage. I'm not a mechanic by any means, but have checked the basics. I took off the drain plug and the oil filter and no oil drained. I added just over a quart and still nothing drained. Now I dont know what to do.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ykes !!!! get a manual ASAP. if it's been run with no oil ,your pretty much screwed .I'd find a mechanically inclined friend to come over and check it out .

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is the 750 twin (2 cylinder) right?

I'm not sure how much oil it takes, but it should say on the engine case somewhere, right side near the fill hole or the sight glass where you check the oil level.
On my kz650 there's a sight glass on the right side of the engine. The oil should be between the top and bottom lines.

Find yourself a service manual and you should be able to do the basic maintenance yourself.

Are you running the engine while you are trying the clutch?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you removed the cluch side case, where the cable enters, and watched the mechanism to see that it is functioning correctly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Go to kz400.com. You can down load the service manual . The guys on Kawasaki twin owners fourm are great at this also! Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts