Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people, last sunday on my way to the drags i laid my biek down pulling in to get some gas, slipped on some gravel ontop of cement and front slid out laid it down going about 10 mph..flame slider BROKE off pulled the threads out of the fairing stay (wheres the frame slider connected too) i got contacted by the insurance claims office theres going to come down and take a picture of it in a couple days to make sure the estimate isnt wack. The estimate from the kawidealer not paint came out to 3,417 or something..a new front rim(its all gouged on the lip) a front rim assembly(anyone know why i need a whole new assembly?) a rear hotbodies cowl its cracked through the fiberglass, the yosh can is dented up and scratched(kawi dealer is using a full stainless yoshi rs3 to go off of ;). my right gilles rearset is scratched the front fiaring is grounded down you can see by the pictures and the side fiairin is all cracked,scratched and broken the bike has about 11k miles on it and -1,+4 sprockets, K&N..Im thinking about taking the money fron the paint($1000) and parts($3400) and then selling the bike that would make the most money..how much could i get out of the bike it runs fine..$2k? Thanks for your input!!heres some pics

·
Registered
812 Posts
Originally posted by ZX-10RRRRRR
10 MPH ???? a lot of damage for that speed.
It happens... All depends on the terrain.

Orange ZX6R, you might want to part the bike out too. It might even bring you more money.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Parting it out may or may not bring you more money, what it will bring you is a fucking hassle.

I can't really say what it is worth, as I haven't shopped for bikes in a long time. If I were you, I would throw the bike on eBay, list it locally, and maybe list it on some trackday/racing sites. If you put it on eBay, make sure that you put the reserve at a price where you won't just be satisfied, you'll be happy.

Good luck and keep us posted as to what happens.

--David

·
Registered
536 Posts
Parting it out you can make $3000 easy. Engine, frame, subframe and front forks will bring you that alone. Worst part is most insurance companies go by book value...if the bike is worth $3000...thats what you will be getting unless you got a special apraisal when you got your insurance. If it gets totalled out you will have to buy it back to part it out. That damage is easily fixed. Reason why your sldiers failed because you have those crappy no-cut sliders. They are not worth a damn except if you tip over your bike. If you fix it get R&G racing sliders. They come with an aftermarket water bottle and mounts to the engine. I could fix that bike for under $2500 bucks. Its not always good to fudge the numbers when getting an estimate on older bikes because in most cases it can end up getting totalled. I'd fix it and get the proper sliders. It was a sweet looking bike.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Originally posted by dwillits
Parting it out may or may not bring you more money, what it will bring you is a fucking hassle.

I can't really say what it is worth, as I haven't shopped for bikes in a long time. If I were you, I would throw the bike on eBay, list it locally, and maybe list it on some trackday/racing sites. If you put it on eBay, make sure that you put the reserve at a price where you won't just be satisfied, you'll be happy.

Good luck and keep us posted as to what happens.

--David
Track day/racing sites have fully race/track prepared bikes with suspension work and race fairings for $2500-$3000. I don't think he can make good money there. As for parting it out... If his rotors, forks etc are straight, he can make at least $500-600 off of them. He can sell the rearsets, the yoshi pipe, wheels etc. He will get much more than $2K. Is it a hassle? Yes. Is it worth it? Yes.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Originally posted by DDJFLW
Parting it out you can make $3000 easy. Engine, frame, subframe and front forks will bring you that alone. Worst part is most insurance companies go by book value...if the bike is worth $3000...thats what you will be getting unless you got a special apraisal when you got your insurance. If it gets totalled out you will have to buy it back to part it out. That damage is easily fixed. Reason why your sldiers failed because you have those crappy no-cut sliders. They are not worth a damn except if you tip over your bike. If you fix it get R&G racing sliders. They come with an aftermarket water bottle and mounts to the engine. I could fix that bike for under $2500 bucks. Its not always good to fudge the numbers when getting an estimate on older bikes because in most cases it can end up getting totalled. I'd fix it and get the proper sliders. It was a sweet looking bike.
This is true as well. Your damage looks cosmetic. You can fix all those and repaint the fairings.

The dealers are always going to quote you high, because that's how much $$ is going into their cash register.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If I had the cash I would be willing to pay 2-3k for it as a shopper. If you just threw some ebay fairing on there maybe even more. Stuntbike that's an option if that's your twist. Selling it for parts can be a hassle but that's up the seller and how you go about it. Ebay has alot of scammers. Craiglist has scammers but not as many as ebay, plus on Craigslist you can sell it locally.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
It's not that the sliders are no cut, it's the fact that the sliders were designed to mount where the fairing bolts go, and not the engine bolts. I used to have sliders like that. I then purchased some Shogun no cut sliders that mount where the engine bolt goes. I went down at 50mph, and they held up well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah i think they are going to total it an adjustor is coming today to look at it i will keep you all in tune to what is happening. If they want to total it i will then i have painted ordered to paint it Toyota Scion Green(green metallic in color) its like $200 a quart ot too bad should look good. Trying to find a full D&D system for it a jet kit and somewhere that will wrap the seat in white leather[^] then finally trying to get my hands on a side fairing..dont want to buy one from the stealership..ill get it broken off in my ass.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.