Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
left sides dug up.... motor making a small rattle tickin noise on left side.... no big deal she sounds alright.... think its something from the stator cover getting bashed in? any ideas it just sounds like somethings rattling not a true motor noise or anything just cant figure it out..... lets just say i been riding for 6 years put over 60k on sport bikes and this is my baby 600 used to riding my zx12....im only 22 never had a problem but was stupid in a no stupid zone had to put a new sprocket on her and didnt get used to the bike before messing around.... sounds like a newbie mistake aye..... kinda pissed.....that'll happen... stand ups are fun but need to learn to quit after pulling 5 in a row.muscled the bike didnt let it do the work suffered....... yea yea yea i know.... way out of character but anyways any ideas?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Replace your stator cover and see if that fixes the noise. Especially if its all scratched and banged up. They are fairly cheap and "somewhat" easy to replace. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea its ordered waiting for it... shit i just changed the oil in it too.... looks like its getting some more fresh oil

·
Registered
64 Posts
:D They always like that! Hope that fixes the noise. Have you taken off the fairings to make sure nothing else is busted? If you haven't I'd do that. Just double/triple check everything. Better safe then sorry! ;)

·
Registered
312 Posts
why do y'all keep calling it a stator? [?]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.