Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well In about an hour or two I am going to look at a 2000 ZX6R again. This time I am getting my GF's dad to take it for a spin since he is picky.

Stats.

2000 ZX6R
Red with decals
Layed down on left side (crcked fairin, scuffed mirror,broken clutch lever just the end and tear in seat.)
Also i wanna say Stator cover? is rashed up.
41500KM
D&D slip on
Tinted screen
Flush signals
3inch extended shifter assembly.
New brakes F and R
New clutch last year

He wants 4000 CDN saftied with new tires, 2 helmets, and a rashed jacket.

What do you think a reasonable offer would be with or without the gear.

I have 3500 cash but I dont wanna lowball him
He agreed that it will cost around 500 to get a new fairing and get it painted also.

Thanks Jay

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
well idk how much us that is but it seems high, i bought a 98 with alot of extras for 2300, and if i sold off the extra parts it came with i would have paid like $1800, but that bike is 2 years newer, so idk here you can buy a 03-04 636 for like $4000 us, and the zx6r's (older) go for pretty low unless very nice you can get about $3800 MAX for a nice bike with quite a bit, so i say the equivlent of like 2500-3000 us i would pay...
Ben

·
Registered
38 Posts
These bikes especially dont sell for quite as cheap as the states and are fairly hard to find. I would say pull some more off that price i picked one up that was downed adn it was all back together in good shape with only 2000km's for mid 4's but no mods or helmet. Really though you wont want the gear anyways its been downed, pick up new gear.

Check trader.ca i just saw one on there last week for 4000 with 21000 kms.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well we tested it out and it ran great.
Also most bikes I have seen with some miles on them have gotten a valve job...should I worry bc it has never gotten one...may when I make an offer say well since it may need a valve job and around 100 to paint the fairing this is my offer....

Now here is what he offers...I still havent put an offer in yet.

4000 CDN

2 helmets (one brand new)
1 new jacket
New Joe rocket gloves
Safty my choice were and I go..he make up any needed parts
New clutch handle
Left fairing green in colour

So he is outta town until thursday...So I will offer 3500 bc like everyone says it doesnt cost u anything to give an offer. And maybe we will be able to meet in the middle around 3750 for it.

Thanks for all the info guys.

Jay

·
Registered
208 Posts
I paid 1300 salvaged that runs with no major damage. (frame, eng, wheels, swingarm, forks are good.) I found parts on ebay for pretty cheap. Act like the damage is worse than it is, he might go down.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well it drove great thru all gears and pulled hard. he said it steered weird possibly bc the front tire is a slick???

Here is his offer...

4000 CDN FIRM

Saftied and he takes care of any needed parts
Supplies a green fairing
2 helmets
jacket that is rashed
new gloves
new clutch handle

I will talk to him on thursday.
Here is my offer...

3500cdn
Saftied
extra fairing
No gear

**argument**
Hasnt had valve clearence check...few hundred bucks
Needs the fairing painted...100 bucks
Decals for fairing...havent found :S
Rashed mirror
New stator cover
Seat recovered only small tear
42000KM!

Sound Fair?

Jay

·
Registered
38 Posts
remember although our dollar is up there the americans still have a price advantage over us, they are lower for bikes usually anyways and 5000 miles is 7600kms. Will i tell you thats a great deal, no, but you seem that you really like it and want it and if you get some knocked off with him picking up the tab on certification, you cant go too wrong, it does have high km's though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The certification they check...

Brakes (they are new)
Tires (new front rear decent)
Sprokets and chain
lights etc.

Like 50bucks CDN

We will see what he says about my offer on thursday and if he doesnt budge I will just wait it out thru the winter and find a great deal on what that someone doesnt wanna store.

Jay

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Yeah, anything over 3500cdn is too high, you might be better off buying a bike in the us and bringing it there, i mean 98-02 zx6rs go cheap all day every day in the north, i mean depending on how far away you are of course, but i mean if you only pay like $2000 for a dencet bike and all with taxes and the trip is say $500 its very much worth it.... Think about that...
Ben

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hate to change the topic...but here is my question. I have a 1997 ZX-6R. I am the second owner. Bike looks very clean. I dropped the bike from standstill and there are a few scratches to the paint on the left side engine cover. Other than that no damage. It has D&D bolt-on exhaust, K&N filters and jet kit. I am planning to sell it soon and get a new bike. How much do you think I should ask for it? I will also throw in a HJC Fusion helmet, bike cover and a Joe Rocket ballistic mesh jacket. Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
why is there a slick on the front?... just wondering... i bought my 01 zx6r with 2,000 mi on it for 4500 us dollars... and no damage, completely stock. i think that you could get a better deal somewhere else, because if he hasnt gotten a valve adjustment, what else hasnt he taken care of? plus you never know what kind of damage was done mechanically when it was dropped. keep looking, i know its hard to pass up, but keep looking there are a lot of great deals to be found in the winter months.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
a few years ago i paid 4000 for my '99. It was in showroom condition w/ mods and only 5,000 miles on it.

I duno how much 3500cnd is in USD, but it sounds like your kinda paying alot

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.