Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im considering selling my car so i'll be left with only the bikes as transportation. at least for a little while. anyways for those who have ridden in HARD rain with a backpack, does water get inside at all? i have one of those Targus laptop bags that i bring to work everyday, and then take home. im a little concerned especially now being in the rainy season.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a Mobile Edge laptop bag and it's more water resistant than waterproof. In a downpour it will get damp inside. I just bought a cheap 2 piece rainsuit that was too large and discarded the pants. So now my bag is under the oversized rain jacket and I wear my regular rain overpants with it.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Originally posted by Black Sheep
I have a Mobile Edge laptop bag and it's more water resistant than waterproof. In a downpour it will get damp inside. I just bought a cheap 2 piece rainsuit that was too large and discarded the pants. So now my bag is under the oversized rain jacket and I wear my regular rain overpants with it.
sounds smart

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have a targus laptop bag as well and i have been caught in downpour with it (about 10 minutes in the rain). It kept nearly all of my stuff dry! the outer pockets did get a bit damp though. I do sugguest keeping a plastic bag that would fit your laptop to be stowed as well. If you expect rain just double bag it to be more safe.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
i have been wondering about this as well since i ride my bike to school almost everyday, somethings i really havent though about have been mentioned... any body else have any ideas to not get my laptop wet, i spent too much money to mess it up...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Just cover the computer in a thick plastic bag. I'd think you'd be fine after that. If you want something better, you could always get one of those drybags made for kyaking and carry it with you in the case of rain.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have an axio hardpack that is waterproof and can hold 17" powerbooks. I have never been in a heavy downpoor but i Have been in rain and everything inside is dry as a bone.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good to know these bags can resist some water. ill have to start carrying a plastic bag in there too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.