Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all:

After work I was riding along with a friend from work. The two of us are playing around and a Mustang pulls up next to us.

I don't know a lot about what cars have what kind of power but this one sounded bad ass. He was reving the engine playing back like he wanted to race. So I gave hime one. I am not Mr. experience on the bikes. But when we started out I could hear he was going for it but I didn't have to try hard to stay with him. Then it got boaring. So I gunned it left him back a ways then slowed down to wait. That seemed to take the wind out of his sails rather easily. Ok that's not why I wrote but that is what led up to my question.

If someone that was good with bikes were to ride the same bike as myself they would waist my ass. So the question is.........

What is the best way to learn to get a fast launch?
What are some things I should know about etc.

I do love the power of this bike though. :)

Thanx

Luke

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well I too dont have much experience or enough $$$ to pay for the tires I shread when I want to practice but what I've done so far is give her heaps of revs and smoothly let the clutch out at about 8000 revs and it seems to do the trick. Mind you the roads are so shit here im usually wheel spinning at 5000 rpm cus of dust or its hosing down.

"Speed kills, but atleast you get there faster."

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess playing with it will help but I was wondering around 8000 RPM if i were to let the clutch out too fast would i chance looping it?

Luke

·
Registered
768 Posts
It's hard on the clutch, but....

1.) Hold the front brake
2.) Let the clutch out until you can feel it grab a little.
3.) Give it just a little juice.
4.) Light turns green, give it hella gas, while feathering the clutch out, and let go of the front brake. This is the part that takes skills.

You'll either launch super well, have a super wheelie, or do a super burn out. Don't do it all the time or you're going to need a new clutch every 1,000 miles.

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Oh yeah, was it a 5.0 mustang? What's the deal with those guys?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i think it was one of those new 5.0's

kinda fun smokin him. [8D]
The wierd feeling for me was actually owning something fast enough to do it.

Feels good but still getting used to the power.

Luke

·
Registered
572 Posts
I had some guy in a souped up Dodge Stratus with a fat exhaust trying the same thing. I didn't feed into his stupidity, I just let him rev the hell out of his car trying to run away while I never went above 7 grand. Silly bastards!

·
Registered
768 Posts
I love pacing them.

·
Registered
315 Posts
try comletely laying over the tank. i weigh 160 and never have had a problem. shift at about 12 or 12.5 thats peak power on our bikes.

·
Registered
262 Posts
For stock ride heights... best to get lots of RPM and lean forward when first launching so as not to wheelie. You have to be careful not to get too much wheel spin though, that's were tire pressure comes in to play.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.