Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a guy delivering mulch to my house today backed in to my bike and knocked it over. there is plenty of damage to the gas tank, fairing, forks, front fender, tail etc... the driver didnt think anyone was home so he hurried up and picked up the bike then left. my sister actually saw this happen and took pictures of the damage, as well as him knocking my bike over and picking the bike back up.

what should i do? call the company and try to work things out?

thanks

· Registered
22 Posts
Try that first, being polite and all. If that doesn't work, sic your insurance company on them. The delivery company oughta take care of it, and they have likely insurance for exactly this sort of thing. If not, your Comprehensive coverage should handle it, minus your deductible.

· Registered
3,843 Posts
hit and run coverage, NOT comp should handle that. $250 deductible in TX, no matter what comp/coll is (or if you even have it).

I believe State Farm even has like a $25 vandalism deductible....might fit under that.

I hate people.
-Cody

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what are the odds that i have to end up paying for this myself? whether it be through my insurance or out of my own pocket. (i have liability)

any way to hold this company responsible for the damage?

· Registered
17,476 Posts
what are the odds that i have to end up paying for this myself? whether it be through my insurance or out of my own pocket. (i have liability)

any way to hold this company responsible for the damage?
contact the company first. if they dont want to own up ever after showing them pictures, then file a police report.

· Registered
2,378 Posts
If you have pictures of him touching the bike and the company refuses to fix it that is plenty enough evidence for the police to get involved and give your insurance company a full report. Just for the ass hole taking off I would go straight to the police, that would cover your ass.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle App

· Registered
22 Posts
hit and run coverage, NOT comp should handle that. $250 deductible in TX, no matter what comp/coll is (or if you even have it).

I believe State Farm even has like a $25 vandalism deductible....might fit under that.

I hate people.
-Cody
Ahh - it's Comp up here. Used that when someone scraped up my wife's car with their bumper. Either way, the insurance company can cover at least part of it one way or another if the delivery folks don't own up.

· Registered
1,075 Posts
Fuck him and his company - you should be able to take them for enough for a new bike - and if possible due it outside of insurance so there's no chance of salvaging your bike

· Registered
3,843 Posts
We're going to need to see the pics or it didn't happen.
-Cody

· Premium Member
4,773 Posts
my insurance company would call it collision, since the damage was caused by another vehicle. Had a kid run his bike into my parked car...he took off...Liberty Mutual ran it under collision...

good luck.....

· Registered
2,955 Posts
Tell the company that your motorcycle WILL need to be fixed through their insurance or however they want to pay for it. I would also file a police report to be safe so that way you can show that report to the company as well which means you are dead serious about recouping your losses.

· Registered
424 Posts
You should've filled a police report before even getting on here. Fuck em, get em for all you can. That was shitty of him to do that. Essentially it is a hit and run. Get the police involved as much as you can. It will benefit you more. Good luck.

· Registered
96 Posts
So did you call the company and talk to them? If they refuse to own up, give them hell. Tell them you are filing a police report and you have photo proof they did it. Also tell them that you are filling a report with your insurance company and they will go after them. Trust me, insurance companies want their money they spend one way or another.

· Registered
2002 ZX6R
28,227 Posts
vigilante justice....burn down the company with the delivery driver inside.

I'd say skip going to the company directly...just get a police report and go from there. But I'm an asshole so I'd want my bike fixed and the delivery guy punished....

· Registered
33 Posts
Go up to the police station and file an accident report threw them. After you file the report contact the company of the driver who hit your bike, inform them that the driver has hit your bike and fled, And that you have photos of him hitting it. And if they refuse to pay for it, have your insurance pay for it. Press charges on the driver of the vehicle, And he will be arrested, Than go to the court house and file a small claims suit for the amount that the bike was damaged. In most cases a judge will even make them pay for more than it was damaged.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.