Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have these? I tried to install them and they're HUGE compared to the holes they go in. I feel like the smaller plug would fit flush on the larger side. Or are they not supposed to fit flush? If I put them on the "correct" sides, they stick out about a half an inch.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have em and i thought the same after i put the smaller one in the larger hole and it sat flush. Well i thought thats how they would be but there not. The stick out about 1/8 inch or so and you have to beat them in with a mallet or if you only have a hammer use the butt end of it if its rubber coated. Not what i thought they were going to be but it does get rid of that ugly nut look, i was hoping they were going to be flush with the frame cause thats how they look in the picture but they take the pic head on so you cant see them raised.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have them and have the same issue, i even put them out in the sun for a bit to try and get the rubber nice and soft but i still had to pound them in with the mallet, but i figure the snugger the fit, less chance of them falling out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have them too, I don't think they are supposed to sit flush, there will be a little lip on the edge. I used a rubber mallet to belt mine in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts