Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to do my fendor eliminating soon and i've been seriously thinking about using a lay down license plate [the kind where the bracket mounts to the rear axle bolt] i was at myrtle beach bike week a few weeks ago and noticed alot of choppers/harleys that used these and i wondered what it would like like on my bike. then i saw one on a cbr last week and it looked decent. what do you guys think???

TV.....
'99 ZX6r
V+H Pipe
Kuryaken Underlights

·
Registered
348 Posts
Wouldnt it kill cornering clerance?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i think that would look nice, someone on here has that same plate kit your talking about. they did the 99/00 front fairinf sawp. he had a purple/green bike with pics.

i dont think the would kill the cornering clearance, since he has underlights i would believe the bike is too look, how they say bling, bling:D

Member since 8/30/02. Forget what the post count says!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Why not order from texasfairing.com the exhaust bracket? You can hang your plate from your exhaust can. Or make a bracket like that yourself, I have no idea how, but it'd look cool. In the pics it looks like its only for round stock cans though.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
yeah thats the kit the dude had. i thought about it for mine but it would look to bulky IMO.

Member since 8/30/02. Forget what the post count says!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont think it would kill cornering because the plate goes long ways, not wide ways. [good luck understanding that....] basically you have to turn your head 90 degrees to read it.. i have a V+H ss2r pipe so its a square one, might be a little difficult to make a bracket but definatly a great idea for a last resort.

TV.....
'99 ZX6r
V+H Pipe
Kuryaken Underlights

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.