Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
No. You will bend bodywork and leak oil into the air filter.

You should be able to remove the cover on the sidestand,though I have only done this on other bikes.
Otherwise just drain the oil.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I wouldn't. I wasn't made to be on it's side. What if a bolt falls in there? Then you're SOL. It seems like one of those damn, I shouldn't have done it! [:M34]

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you are trying to change the clutch and not lose oil all you have to do is lean it on the kick stand and you wont lose a drop of oil. It sits at enough of an angle already to prevent oil loss. Have fun:D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i don't like how u grinned and said have fun

how will i break the brake lever if i'm laying it on the stator side and taking off the bodywork?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I laid the bike on its side to remove the stator cover and didn't lose any oil at all. I also had no oil leak into my air filter or anywhere that it shouldnt. However i did lose the break lever, and i didnt find that out to after i was riding and went to hit the breaks and to my scary suprise the back brake wasnt working because of the broken lever. I was cheap and didnt want to spend 20 bucks for oil if i didnt have to but ended up spending 30 bucks for lever and spring for the rear brake. Lesson learned " Dont be cheap " just buy the oil.

N

·
0 Posts
when i read the title i thought wow, someone loves their bike a lil too much

·
Registered
66 Posts
yeah i just replace my clutch yesterday....kick stand is fine to not lose oil....but it wont matter becuase you still well want to change it because when you scrape the gasket off the cover and where it mounts to....you well get debris in the oil... but if your really carfull you might be able to get around it not changing it but i dont like doing a half ass job just me.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Originally posted by ninja_s
i'm doing this so i can remove the clutch cover without losing oil. is this ok?
Lol, thats awesome. Goes right along with some of my money saver "workstands".

·
Powerhungry
37,846 Posts
Originally posted by HDRydr2

Lol, thats awesome. Goes right along with some of my money saver "workstands".
haha love that i tried to change my front tire with only a front stand. bad news! do not try that at home. it wont work. so i had the ratchet straps strung up to the rail for the garage door. good stuff.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.