Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was washing my bike today and noticed I have no chicken strip on the right side of the tire and one about 1/4" wide on the left side. I never noticed this on the Gixxer when I had it... Seems strange, anyone else get this?

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Start turning the opposite direction a little more. :)

-Flash

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Yeah its problably not you. You just hit one turn more then the other.
Irunfromcops- If you look at your tire you might see a strip of tire at the very edge that is a different color then the rest of the tire. This shows have far you really lean. If you lean far enough you will have no area where that is slightly lighter in color. If your tire doesn't go all the way to the edge it leaves a stip because you were too chicken shit to lean more.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
First time hearing it expalined, hahahah. Yeah I got the chicken strip alright. It's getting smaller though.

Originally posted by tommyboynjataol

Yeah its problably not you. You just hit one turn more then the other.
Irunfromcops- If you look at your tire you might see a strip of tire at the very edge that is a different color then the rest of the tire. This shows have far you really lean. If you lean far enough you will have no area where that is slightly lighter in color. If your tire doesn't go all the way to the edge it leaves a stip because you were too chicken shit to lean more.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My new zx9r had 1 inch chicken strips from the previous owner. I recon he must have thought it was a scooter and never went around corners!!

Gareth

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Yeah, I got chicken strips on the right side, none on the left. Two spills to the right caused that. Maybe I'll get over it next year[V]

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think maybe its because this is the first pair of Bridgestones I've been on. The Avon and Dunlops on the GSXR never did this, but I dont seem to have to lean the bike over as far to do the same corners at the same speed. For one thing the 636 is about 100lbs lighter than the 750 Gixxer was and I've been told I lean off the bike farther on the left than I do on the right. Maybe some of you racer types can tell me if this might have anything to do with it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Seriously, if you ride the same as you did on your other bikes as you've described, and they didn't have any strips, you may want to check your tire alignment. If the bike feels like it wants to turn one direction more than the other, alignment is most likely the issue.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The more you hang off the bike in a corner the more upright
the bike is, the bigger the contact patch between the tyre and the road
and [:eek:)] the bigger the chicken strips .

mfzx6r

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.