Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

We are new to Kawiforums. Pilot Ltd has designed and manufactured the Leanometer. The first inexpensive device that Logs and displays true lean angle and frame angle as your riding.

We are ready to answer any questions you have?

Best regards,

Pilot Ltd

www.leanometer.com

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
If you really need something like this you shouldn't be riding at all.

I have something similar on the boat as part of the compass, but all I need to know is if the toe rail is under water I need to reef or ease the sheets.

For bragging rights, what's up with the chicken strips?

Rob

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
yeah, i don't get it either...

imma tape one of these to my bike n save $$$.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
yeah, i don't get it either...

imma tape one of these to my bike n save $$$.
Gosh I hope you're kidding. I think due to G forces this would always read pretty much level.... Wouldnt something like a gyroscope be required to do this correctly?

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
It's a product, from a sponsor.

No snide comments necessary.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
my apologies to the sponsor for the poor taste in jokes.

·
Registered
12,600 Posts
So just because they pay the site money, means that we can't say that we think a product is shit?

That doesn't make much sense...

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
How about speak with dollars and cents, as opposed to just bashing out of an incessant feeling of need to speak one's mind?

You don't want people shitting in your for sale threads do you? Same thing.

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
I'm not a particular fan of the product and might be better if marketed to forums where lack of chicken strips on the street is a badge of honor and sign that you're fast.

That being said, what 03black636 is asking us to do is exercise a measure of discretion.
OP is helping keep the lights on/VerticalScope happy enough with profits that they don't throw even more ads onto the site, even for premium members.

With that in mind, they've bought themselves a certain amount of initial immunity, even if it's just a courtesy, from bad press barring they aren't selling something that doesn't work or try to rip off a member (some exhaust vendor from the past is coming to mind).

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
I ride to have fun. Is there any way to measure that??

EDIT: Best of luck with your product.
Product already exists and doesn't seem to require batteries

·
Powerhungry
37,645 Posts
did you read about the product before you started bashing it?
along with lean angle, it also shows acceleration and braking force.

i guess i dont see the issue.
id be curious to know the true angles im running at.
not something i would spend money to find out, but im sure there are plenty that would.

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
43,302 Posts
did you read about the product before you started bashing it?
along with lean angle, it also shows acceleration and braking force.

i guess i dont see the issue.
id be curious to know the true angles im running at.
not something i would spend money to find out, but im sure there are plenty that would.

I agree with this.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Hi All,

We are new to Kawiforums. Pilot Ltd has designed and manufactured the Leanometer. The first inexpensive device that Logs and displays true lean angle and frame angle as your riding.

We are ready to answer any questions you have?

Best regards,

Pilot Ltd

www.leanometer.com

Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I think it's an interesting product. The more telemetry you get the more you can adjust things like suspension, tire pressure, corner entry speed. It could help drop lap times during a race or track day if you know how to use the information. I don't see what everyone's problem is. If you don't like it, don't buy it. The only problem I see with it is that it's kind of bulky for a race bike.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
How about speak with dollars and cents, as opposed to just bashing out of an incessant feeling of need to speak one's mind?

You don't want people shitting in your for sale threads do you? Same thing.
Then it should have been posted in the right section for selling stuff.

Posting in the Newbie forum comes across as an attempt to sell something that isn't needed to newbies who don't know any better.

Put it in a discussion forum and it gets discussed. If the discussers think it's shit (which it isn't) or pointless (which it is), then they must be free to say so in this sub forum. I did take the trouble to follow the link and read as much about it as is available before deciding that it was pointless. If it has data logging capability and PC connectivity, neither of which the advert talks about, then it may have some value for the race guys, but not for the street rider and certainly not for the newbie.

Rob

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Then it should have been posted in the right section for selling stuff.

Posting in the Newbie forum comes across as an attempt to sell something that isn't needed to newbies who don't know any better.

Put it in a discussion forum and it gets discussed. If the discussers think it's shit (which it isn't) or pointless (which it is), then they must be free to say so in this sub forum. I did take the trouble to follow the link and read as much about it as is available before deciding that it was pointless. If it has data logging capability and PC connectivity, neither of which the advert talks about, then it may have some value for the race guys, but not for the street rider and certainly not for the newbie.

Rob
To the highlighted part, I very much disagree. It's posted there to introduce themselves and highlight a reason why they are coming on board. It's not in the newbie section to advertise specifically to them :rolleyes:

However I do fully agree that it's on a forum and not in a sponsor specific area therefor open to discussion... respectful discussion of course.

For the record I also disagree with you statement of "if you need something like this you shouldn't be riding at all". I'm sure no one thinks they "need" it to ride... but perhaps some would like it. To each their own.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We posted here because we were asked to as newcomers to Kawiforums. We will start a thread in the main forum as you suggest.

For interest, low time bikers have used the Leanometer to improve their riding. With the display of both True Lean and Frame Lean it's easy and safe to see how you're riding and to learn to move your body down into turns (less frame lean for the same cornering speed).
I am sure most of the riders here are much more experienced or experts and perhaps for those riders the Leanometer won't tell you something you don't already know.

If you are an expert and are looking to improve (for example) cornering speed on a track, The Leanometer will give you a direct comparison if you change something (rider position, suspension, tire pressure, tires, etc). True Lean shows you how fast you're going through the corners (period). If you get a bigger True Lean number for the same corner (regardless of whether you're scraping bike or body parts in the corner) you're going faster!

I hope the info's useful.

Best regards,

Pilot Ltd

1 - 20 of 23 Posts