Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1st gear clutch ups. Back woods, country road, hardly any cars. Took 3 seasons to get here. First season, didn't even attempt them, 2nd season, I just did small bunny hops getting use to the front end coming up. 4th season I plan to start to do 2nd gear and staggered.

Special thanks to Rbray, AKA _________________ (fill in the blank), for taking the awesome videos and compiling all the clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQgws-4ImcQ

·
Registered
167 Posts
lol...cool shit..

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Sweet! The cameraman's cell phone has the same tones as mine ... made me check mine thinking I had a message. I didn't. Then again I gotta have friends to get messages. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, we both have razors and mine goes off all the time and I keep checking my phone the first few times i watched it.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
niceeee.. bet the last one scared ya alittle (i've been to that point before)
It did, that is why I stopped after that, lol. My left foot fell off the peg. Not sure if i was expecting to fall off so i instinctively putting my foot down to prepare for the fall or if my foot slipped off the peg.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice work! it's all about the clutch.
mine didnt get good until i started doing them staggered. i still cant do a decent sit down. :(
When you do them staggered, do you get in position before you clutch it? Just feels weird so I stopped trying.

·
Registered
138 Posts
One of them you rode out pretty good! Gotta get to that Balance point though, your close but not there! BP is friggin weird ...feels like the 360lb bike weighs nothing.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1st or 2nd?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
nice job bro. i have popped em up just for a sec. i'm still too nervous to try to ride them out. maybe next season i'll get up the nerve.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Left foot on passenger peg and right foot on right peg covering the rear brake.

Reactions: JiMpiSh

·
Registered
120 Posts
Left foot on passenger peg and right foot on right peg covering the rear brake.
ahhh.... word, thank you... i ride with a guy every now and then that rocks em like that... seems a bit odd to me... i can imagine you'd get a bit more leverage though... any other advantages to doing them like this? are we talkin clutched up, powered up, bounced, or any/all of the above??

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, tried staggered and it feels weird. Didn't get it that high though.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah, tried staggered and it feels weird. Didn't get it that high though.
Nice wheelies, I clutch first up from time to time but I tend to go a lil bit slower from a start, once it gets past 20 mph you start to hit the powerband and cluthing from there gets torquey lol. I noticed that couple of times in your vid. I would suggest just moving on to second with the staggered stand-ups, start from 25 mph bounce and clutch, it will come up. Once you get the stand-ups down to finding BP, doing the sitdowns you will find yourself coming up higher because you have a sense of what the bike feels like when you hit BP, weightless! lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.