Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since ive had my bike, Ive went to the track 3 different times.
The first time out i was running 8.10-8.20 s with like a 2.50 60 foot time. That sucks ass but it was my first time out.

The second time out i got ti down to 7.80s @ 94-95. AStill a crappy 60 foot.
A friend run it and busted off a 7.35 the first time he ran it. Hes got alot more experience with bikes. He has a CBR 1000RR he races.

Last friday i ran a best of 7.66 @ 96 with a 1.9x 60 foot. I about busted my ass as it stood up off the line but it was my best pass. I just need more practice riding the clutch out and getting my 60 foot WAY down. Im just afraid to stand it up too much or spin and lay it down. I need to let my nuts hang i guess. Regardless of how slow it is compared to all the others, it sure is fun and it beats the hell out of running HIGHHH 9's in my car.

Now, my bike is totally stock except for a shorty yoshi pipe and K&N filter. What do yall think?

What mod would be best to make a big difference for least money? Sprocket change? What sprocket change can i do and keep the stock chain? Down 1? im new to bikes so fill me in.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My bike is lowered with muzzy links and is down about 2.5" up front and no strap.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Since ive had my bike, Ive went to the track 3 different times.
The first time out i was running 8.10-8.20 s with like a 2.50 60 foot time. That sucks ass but it was my first time out.

The second time out i got ti down to 7.80s @ 94-95. AStill a crappy 60 foot.
A friend run it and busted off a 7.35 the first time he ran it. Hes got alot more experience with bikes. He has a CBR 1000RR he races.

Last friday i ran a best of 7.66 @ 96 with a 1.9x 60 foot. I about busted my ass as it stood up off the line but it was my best pass. I just need more practice riding the clutch out and getting my 60 foot WAY down. Im just afraid to stand it up too much or spin and lay it down. I need to let my nuts hang i guess. Regardless of how slow it is compared to all the others, it sure is fun and it beats the hell out of running HIGHHH 9's in my car.

Now, my bike is totally stock except for a shorty yoshi pipe and K&N filter. What do yall think?

What mod would be best to make a big difference for least money? Sprocket change? What sprocket change can i do and keep the stock chain? Down 1? im new to bikes so fill me in.
One down in the front up 5 in the rear and put extensions on it 1.40s are possible

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
It has potential... I have an '02, see numbers below and that was with a conservative 1.55 60ft. Stock everything with extensions, strap and gearing. I never even touched the jets.

Get you a strap, that will help a bunch. -1, +5 like Steve mentioned will help a lot too.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can i buy those sprockets in a set or buy them seperate? how many extensions? Im also not bagging the rear tire at all. i see everyone else do this but i ride mine home sometimes 30+ miles after racing.

·
Registered
114 Posts
is it already lowered in the front? if not pull the fork tubes up in the triple clamps about an inch to an onch anf a half and also strap it, that will help alot. and another thing is practice and learning your bike, it will come to you just dont give up!!! have fun with whatevver you do!!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah its lowered about 2.00 or so int he front. Ima get a strap and some sprockets soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts