Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys/gals,

i been looking at leather suits (2 piece since i wont be tracking much) and i know they are suppose to fit snugly, but what if it's one of those nippy morning or whatnot?? will the suit keep you "warm" enough? should a person get a size big enough to accommodate a sweater or something of the sort too?? i know they have a extra layer inside that you can take off for the summer and can put ot back on for the winter but still... i leather can keep you warm but it's different when your going 75mph...

what do you guys do?
thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not saying i was going to need it or was going to do it either... im in Tx.. moved from jersy so the cold here is'nt anything a t-shirt can take care off (walking or whatnot..) ... the thought just came to me about the jacket....

but seriosly.. what do you guys/ gals do?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
im not saying i was going to need it or was going to do it either... im in Tx.. moved from jersy so the cold here is'nt anything a t-shirt can take care off (walking or whatnot..) ... the thought just came to me about the jacket....

but seriosly.. what do you guys/ gals do?
you could always wear your sweater on the outside :lol: i donno man i live in FL there's no need for that kinda stuff

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hey Chance, I live in NY and what I do on chilly days is just dress in thin layers under a regular sized jacket. I will usually wear some kind of long sleeve tshirt or Under Armor and then a tshirt and then my jacket on the chilly days I do go riding. More often than not though, by mid day it's warmed up and I dont need a sweatshirt or anything. Not saying its 'toasty' warm or anything, but much better than just a tshirt under a textile or leather jacket.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OMG!!! why did i hot think about underarmor or longjohn.. duh!!!!! kool.. ill keep that in mind.. i just never think about the cold stuff cuzz it really never bothers me much...

thanks

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
yeah, long johns work good. get a face mask too for those really cold mornings.

·
28,939 Posts
in the winter i'll throw some polypros (thermals) on underneath and sometimes a sweatshirt over them. fall/spring mornings and evening i'll sometimes put a sweatshirt on over them too.

if you get caught out and your cold though, a newspaper or magazine between your chest and the leathers is amazing for keeping the cool air from blasting ya.

my biggest problem in the cold was always the stretch panel in the crotch, always seemed to vent ALL the cold air straight to my junk, which in turn makes my outtie an innie......lol

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
my biggest problem in the cold was always the stretch panel in the crotch, always seemed to vent ALL the cold air straight to my junk, which in turn makes my outtie an innie......lol
:Laughing rolling:

that has me thinking i may wear my raingear over my pants to keep this from happening in the cold

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
My record was 23 degrees one morning for a 15 min commute , i really layered it on and was fine. Don't forget about your face and neck. That was my first mistake.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
wal-mart sells their own brand for about 1/5 of the price of UA.
their cold gear can be hard to find in store but it is available online

i dropped $100 on UA cold gear and swore never again...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts