Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to get a suit and I dunno which one I should get.
Now I most likely won't be doing any track days, but I'll be definitely taking the bike up the canyons (Angel's Crest).
What do you prefer and WHY?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have also been struggling with this decision. I have been borrowing a buddies suit for track days but i think i want a two piece. :dunno:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Get a 2 piece.

I am in my 2 piece for 99% of my riding. Just about the only time I bust out a one piece is when I go to the track.

2 piece is much more practical for day to day activities. Easier to get on and off, easier to walk around i when off the bike and you can take the top off if you grab a bite to eat or go to the pictures or something.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Two piece all the way unless it's just for the track.

·
Andre 3000
1,092 Posts
Why the one piece of you mostly track? What is better about it?

I need one for the track but will only be doing a few track days a year. Found a smoking deal on a slightly used 2 piece in my size.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
dont be the guy who rides around town in a 1 piece...

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Why the one piece of you mostly track? What is better about it?

I need one for the track but will only be doing a few track days a year. Found a smoking deal on a slightly used 2 piece in my size.
i would say the 1pc is less likely to separate at the waist, zippers CAN break & i've seen them give out on something as simple as a sleeve & when your doing a trackday your basically pushing your limits which has a greater potential to fall, don't ya think that piece of mind is worth it in its own??

·
Registered
836 Posts
I like the two piece also. You can wear just the jacket, or if your gonna be rippin around/TD's put on the pants :)

Would put the 1 piece in the racing category.

·
28,939 Posts
And don't be the guy that's embarassed to ride around in it either. Most people will talk shit to a guy in leathers but anybody that's worth a shit knows your doing the right thing.

Any 'spirited' ride that I go on I sport full gear and so do the guys I ride with, the new guys that don't eventually do. And the only time we pose in town is to meet up or get gas or grub.

Leathers are one of the best investments you can make, after your used to riding with them you never feel right riding without them.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
And don't be the guy that's embarassed to ride around in it either. Most people will talk shit to a guy in leathers but anybody that's worth a shit knows your doing the right thing.

Any 'spirited' ride that I go on I sport full gear and so do the guys I ride with, the new guys that don't eventually do. And the only time we pose in town is to meet up or get gas or grub.

Leathers are one of the best investments you can make, after your used to riding with them you never feel right riding without them.
:plusone: now i don't wear a suit around town but i sure as hell wouldn't be embarrassed to, hell if you go to the gap in much less than leathers ppl almost look down upon you LOL

·
Powerhungry
38,368 Posts
see below;)

i'll prob being wearing mine. i dont really "ride" in town. for commuting, to/from work, is it.
but as soon as i get my 1 piece, i gotta wear it. only have 30 days to return it. so i need to makes sure its going to fit, and be comfortable.

·
Powerhungry
38,368 Posts
watch that return policy nevada, most places give you 30 days to return but... if youve actually worn it to ride in they wont always take it back.
hmm...i'll have to check. i read through it before. i think in THAT case, id get store credit, as opposed to a cash refund? i'll check it again.

either way. i think i could just as easily sell it myself. maybe even MAKE a small profit:D

oh, and i will probably be looking into getting a 2 piece in the future. in fact, had i seen the 2 piece first, i probably would have got it.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts

As usual, I agree with hoser 100%.

I'm not comfy riding unless I got my crash suit on. And I could care less what people think when they see me with it on the street. If you think leather isn't "cool" then I don't want to ride with you anyway.

2 piece vs 1? I prefer a one piece for the protection, but a quality two piece is still pretty strong and is obviously more convenient. If you are doing more than 1 or 2 track days a year, I say go with a 1 piece, otherwise get a 2.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Plus one to all, and I am 'that' guy wearing the one piece but 99% of the time I ride, its canyon or track.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
one piece for the win! if you go down on either street or track there is a good chance you may slide or roll a bit. having a two piece rip at the waist (very common on two pieces at arent securely sipped AND buttoned) is an easy way to get road rash.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts