Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm looking at a full one piece race ready suit for both street and maybe some track use. I have a budget of around 2 grand.

So lets hear some opinions. So far my choices are:

1. dainese (expensive but it seems like it has a lot of features and looks good, im fond of the titanium knee and elbow protectors and the back hump.)

2. Vanson (been around forever and fairly good quality)

3. Z-leathers (customer fit and customizable but they dont seem as safe as say a dainese)

So which would you pick? any of these? none of the above? Something else?

·
Registered
394 Posts
If money isn't a question, then I would go with the motogp kangaroo suit. Plenty of features, excellent protection and really comfortable

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im in california. I looked at that but apparently they wont ship to CA due to some retarded restrictions.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I bought my MotoGP Kangaroo suit from Ebay. It was new from a suppiler and they shipped it to me in California.

Price was approx. $630 shipped back in March 2006.

The MotoGP roo suit is the most comfortable suit I have ever worn. I wear it all the time now. My 2 piece leathers haven't been used since I bought the roo suit.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awiner,

so you'd put the kangaroo suit over say the higher end dainese?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by FLOJOE
For 2 G's, you should be able to get just about anything out there. I've heard A* makes some of the best leathers, try them out. I've been looking at getting a one piece as well, but my budget is about a quarter of yours, so I'm looking at an AGV.

For that kind of money though, couldn't you get one custom made?
I've got a fieldsheer revo 1 piece. I love it and I picked it up new for $400 shipped.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Originally posted by Rivetgeek
awiner,

so you'd put the kangaroo suit over say the higher end dainese?
My 2 piece leathers are Dainese. Dainese is GREAT stuff. Good quality leather, etc.

Is it worth $2k vs a MotoGP $600 suit ?

In my opinion no. Dainese does make a Roo suit in the Boro series for up wards of $3k ...

If money was no object, I would get the Dainese Kangaroo Boro suit.

However, since money is an issue I went with the MotoGP suit.

Protection is about the same. I would love to see some real world crash test information on all the suits.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
id say save your money. 2k is a lot to spend on a suit. i think your better of buying a decent set of track leathers for around $1k or less and saving the rest to buy decent street gear. i can tell you from experience that you are not going to feel like putting on a one piece suit everytime you throw a leg over the bike. also dont forget to use some of that budget on good riding boots. like sidis or oxtars. having a great set of leathers is kind of stupid if your tennis shoes fall off at 100mph and wear your ankles down to nubs. dylan code ( from kieth code's superbike school) is often selling used suits in the classifieds, they are rental suits from the school, might want to look into that.

·
Registered
118 Posts
try helimot their in northern ca custom made one of the best money can buy a little pricey but well worth it. I was at an afm race at infineon a few weeks back and atleast half the riders were wearing them. He's a great guy and knows what he's talking about. He took me in the back and showed me the diffences in alot of the suits his dianese alpinestars etc.. no question his wins. http://www.helimot.com

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you're going to spend that kind of money on a suit, go custom. I have a custom NJK Leathers suit, and I love it :D. On the bike, it is the most comfortable thing ever. Off they bike... well that's a different story. Fits like a glove, and has great protection (yes, I've unfortunately tested it [B)] )

Check them out:

http://www.njkleathers.com/leathers/

·
Registered
355 Posts
The best set I've ever had was a Kushitani.

I currently have a custom set of Kangaroo leathers made by AGV Sport, which are very durable and light.

Most of the leathers, aside from the small custom makers, get their leather from the same factory in South America. 80% of the leathers are made in three locations around the world (Italy, Pakistan and one other place). Some manufacturing facilities produce name brand leathers for eight different companies. Different name tag, same manufacturer.

A guy I know who works in the motorcycle apparel business said that the ones made in Pakistan tend to hold up the best in a crash.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Here's my idea: Don't spend THAT much money on a leather suit... I'm all for riding safe, and wearing leathers.. but $2,000? There's a lot of things you could spend $2k on.

How about you spend $1500 on the suit and send me an Arai for Christmas? :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.