Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...Well what I always dreaded would happen, happened to me. I was pulling into a parking lot and some punk kid in his 92 civic hatchback was pulling into a parking spot. I give the kid bout 15 feet of room in case he starts to roll back. He starts rolling back and doesn't stop. Crashes right into my bike and messes up my headlight, fender and left fairings. While we're waiting for the police to show up he's talking about how he can't have this on his insurance blah blah blah...he hops in his car and leaves. All his punk friends stay there talking trash but luckily i got his license plate. I had a report filed and the police officer said the license plate matched the car. Where can i go from here guys? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Sounds like you got him. With the police report, witnesses (albeit possibly unwilling), and license plate number, I think you are good to go. He should get charged with hit and run and you should be able to get his insurance info after the arrest (and get your bike fixed up). Good luck and stay on top of it!

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
yep just like mrwglo said. might wanna let your ins co know about the situation and they'd be glad to help you speed things up with the popo and that dudes ins co.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea i just filed a claim with my insurance company. Thanks for the response guys. I hope the little creep gets what's coming to him. Scumbag! [:M61]

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Funny part is that now, in addition to having insurance involved, he gets to be arrested as well. [:M86] He deserves every bit of what is in store for him. I just hope you are able to get your bike fixed up fast. :)

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
not sure but here in texas it is a felony (i think) for a hit and run. if he dosent have the responsibility to stay when he causes an accident, he shouldent be driving. i dont under stand why these kids now cant just grow a pair and take responsibility for when they fuck up. glad you are ok. punk needs to be arrested.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Hate to say it but this is another fine example of how kids are morons, what's the logic of running after you stop and get identified facially and plate wise. Up here in MI the person doesn't automatically get arrested but it's an automatic car impound and points on the license for leaving the scene (hit-and-run).

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
Sorry to hear about the idiot doing this to you. Sounds like he's too stupid to drive. Not only does he hit you, but the moron isn't even smart enough to even attempt to cover up his own tracks. What a moron.

Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The guy just had to be driving a Honda..lol, he probably has a Suzuki at home too.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Nothing like making a bad situation worse. Sucks to be him lol..

·
Registered
190 Posts
Originally posted by Eyecman19
Hey guys...Well what I always dreaded would happen, happened to me. I was pulling into a parking lot and some punk kid in his 92 civic hatchback was pulling into a parking spot. I give the kid bout 15 feet of room in case he starts to roll back. He starts rolling back and doesn't stop. Crashes right into my bike and messes up my headlight, fender and left fairings. While we're waiting for the police to show up he's talking about how he can't have this on his insurance blah blah blah...he hops in his car and leaves. All his punk friends stay there talking trash but luckily i got his license plate. I had a report filed and the police officer said the license plate matched the car. Where can i go from here guys? Any help would be appreciated.
I was in a similar situation. I was driving down the highway in the left lane and this dood just out of nowhere pulls into my lane with me in it. Luckily I slammed on the brakes but he took most of my front bumper with him. He then proceeds to floor it and I'm thinking to myself this dood is running. I downshifted into 3rd and took off after him. Luckily he was in a chevy s10 and couldn't pull away from my integra. He later pulled over and told me he was looking for a good place to pull over on the highway. Ha... I made him call his insurance company right there and tell them it was his fault.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Originally posted by killer2600
Hate to say it but this is another fine example of how kids are morons, what's the logic of running after you stop and get identified facially and plate wise. Up here in MI the person doesn't automatically get arrested but it's an automatic car impound and points on the license for leaving the scene (hit-and-run).
yes, kids are stupid.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll definately keep u posted on what is happening. I may just have to get a revenge. I'm just hoping that the insurance company can find this retard and make his insurance pay. They need to cut this kids balls off and feed them to him. I'm picking up the police report thursday. Let's see what that says.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dude might be running because he doesn't even have insurance. Majority of hit'n'runs in the UK are unlicenced + uninsured dumbasses who shouldn't be driving. Hope you can get cash for repairs out of him one way or another.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey Eyecman19...let me know if you need some help...I can't stand these lil' punk kids with their ricers that think they own the world..:(

·
Registered
342 Posts
In florida the charge is " leaving the scene of an accident" . Felony or misdemeanor depending on value/severity of the incident. Also at least you know that he has insurance to sue at least since he was all worried. Hell get whats coming to him. Cops dont like that shit, its such a pussy thing to do, like he killed someone or something.

·
Registered
154 Posts
yea that sucks. and markmcwilson is probably right. the kid probably doesn't have insurance. which if thats the case, after he gets out of jail he should promptly recieve an ass-beating. or better yet, have you ever seen the Big Lebowski. "This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass. You see Billy. You see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass!"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.