Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got the lights from autozone they are called LED accent light the come three in a pack for ten bucks. instructions for insallation are on back. remove your tail make tamplet out of paper on pegs so lights are even on both sides. drill holes and place the lights in,i use a air hose fitting that fits over the lights and hammered them in snug. wire the led's up and through your tail on to your turnsignals. there are no realays needed. and walla blink blink you have new LED turnsignals in your pegs.

pics may be distorted from resizing, can anyone pm me on how to post pics without distorting them through(Attach an image to this post)from resizing. i've seen larger pic how do you doit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
what is the part number for those lights you got from autozone. i went to 2 local autozones and they didnt have them.

thanks,
Thedar

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
part number is LI-001R L.E.D ACCENT LIGHTS. they can maybe order them for you. PILOT IS THE COMPANY THAT MAKES THEM.

·
Registered
268 Posts
How did you get them to fit? the aluminum on the bracket is thicker than the black mounting piece. In other words how did you recess them. I am looking at drilling a hole large enough for the whole assembly, but not going all the way through, and then drilling the 7/16 hole. Is that basically what you did?
BTW they are pretty sweet. I have to get another set though because the Autozone only had 1 set even though the computer said they had 4 on the shelf. They are hard to find. Look in the LED section. Or the import section.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
shadow just make a tamplet. mark your holes with a marker or something, drill the hole all the way through with a 7/32 drill bit(it tells you on back of instructions what bit to use but dont use any thing bigger than a 7/32 bit.) you may have to work the drill around to make the hole just a little larger. not to large just a little. place the led in the hole, it wont be in all the way. now get an air tool fitting that fits right over the led.(you can get the air tool fitting at autozone just take an l.e.d light with you and fit it. get one that only touches the black rim around the light) place it over and hammer it in slow until its tight.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if you look at the pic i used electical tape to join all the l.e.d wires together.once i installed them all.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Thedar

i hate the autozone in my area they dont have them :( and for some reason they dont have them in there system.
yo tell autozone to call their wearhouse and order them. if not tell them to locate them from another store.just give them the part number they should be able to get them.

·
Registered
268 Posts
So they aren't recessed into the metal at all. Thanks bro. I was practicing on an old one that I broke the exhaust off of . Anyways I think I found a way to recess them into the aluminum.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.