Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I squeeze my brake lever the left turn signal does not work. I have a turn signal/brake light intergrator attached. The signal works until I squeeze the brake. When the brake is squeezed the light on my dash blinks fast, but the tail light does not blink. When I let go of the brake the light flashes normally. This is only on the left side the right works fine. I believe it is the signal intergrator that is messed up but I could be wrong, how do you test the signal intergrator?
Maybe swith the wires from right and left to check it?
I also have a merlin 2000 alarm on the bike but when the power is hooked up it drains the battery after about a week.
I switched the light bulbs in the tail light to check the bulb, but it does the same with both bulbs, so my guess is its not the bulbs.
Any tips as to where I should start would be helpful.
Thanks

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hmm, a few questions:
-What kind of integrator is it?
-Did it work properly at first and has since started acting up, or has it always behaved the way you described?
-Are you certain the wiring on the input & output sides of the integrator is all correct? ...That would be where I'd look first. If it's all correct, I'd suspect it to be the integrator itself. Try switching the wiring on the right & left sides and see how it behaves then...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what kind of integrator it is it has no markings (came with the bike)
It did work properly at first, but now it doesn't
I will switch the wiring to see if that is it.
Thanks
btw is the any way to tell what brand the integrator is?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Okay, the fact that it WAS working properly but isn't now... leads me to believe it's likely an internal problem with the integrator. (Unless you've got a faulty connection somewheres...) After you've reversed the wiring, if you still have the same symptoms you may want to invest in a new integrator.
Typically the integrators are labeled by make, i.e.; Vortex... If not it could be a nice and cheap (yet very effective) $15.oo Walmart trailer wiring special. (Which is what I'd suggest you try replacing it with.) [8D]

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I'd almost bet if he takes the shrink covering off that "module" what he'll find is a simple trailer wire convertor. like when you have a truck that uses a seperate yellow/amber bulb for turn signal but your trailer uses a "blinking brake light"

take that covering off and take another pic for us man!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.