Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm contemplating getting the clearalternatives integrated taillight/signal but I'm curious about the legality of it.

Do the signals have to be so far apart, or seen from the sides at all?

I haven't had much luck trying to find this information on my own, so I figured I'd come to the experts. I live in Oregon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here in CT Signals must be 9" apart. Besides them being leagal or not, I want cagers or other riders to see when I'm signaling. Do as you please thats just my 2 cents. Good luck

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put one on my bike after riding with a buddy that had one on his bike and I was able to tell when and which way he was signaling very well. There are more LEDs in the tail than the factory units so they are brighter and the turn signal part is LED which is brighter than the factory turn signals. You can put one on and keep your factory signals and see how you like it. My friend is an officer where I live and she said they don't worry much about stuff like that as long as it works and as long as you are polite when you get pulled over. On the clear alternatives web site they do post that they are DOT approved if that is worth anything.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think in all states they have to be 9" apart or no pass inspection. I dont think the cops know about the 9" rule, or even if they care,its just the inspection shops. My dealer will not pass a bike with those signals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.