Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Powerhungry
38,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just wanted to point out that..YES im now legit!
90%:D
and if it wasnt for that damn balance u-turn it would have been 100%
but yeh..so i can FINALLY ride after 8:30

ok im out...to enjoy my new found freedom haha;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
hehe good job man..glad to know ur legit now:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
just passed my driveing and writen through the MSF course today too!

get to go back in the morning and ride some more, and learn some more evasive stuff, but im all set with the tech stuff.

It will be great to be able to hit the highways, and drive at night....legaly.
The 15% discount at the sports shop and 10% on insurence will be nice too.

I know how ya feel. congrats to us both.

·
Powerhungry
38,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by psycho_penguin
congrats. feels good...like a load lifted not having to dread the cops and all, huh?
well, ive been somewhat legal(permit). but yeh, ive been practicing the course about 3 times a week, for several months.
its a huge relief to finally be done with it.
thanks guys.:D

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I know that feeling. I was using just a permit. Finally got my class M a couple of months after passing the MSF course. There was a guy in my class that only had a permit for 20 years and decided to be legit and he was a sheriff’s assistant.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
Congrats man, I totally know how good it feels to be riding legit... looking out for crazy cagers and cops is no good. But watch out, the first day I had my license was the first time I was pulled over on a bike... didn't know it was illegal to ride with your helmet visor up. At least he let me go. Good luck and have fun man!

·
Registered
891 Posts
lol @ the stupid visor law. Harleys can ride with brain buckets and no glasses, yet we catch the heat for it. :mad:

congrats on being legal and legit, good to see you took that path.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Congrats....you take the test on your 636? I could only imagine taking the test with a bike of that size. I took the test at MSF with some nice 125s. Even then the Figure 8 was hard as fuck...

·
Powerhungry
38,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys. the pressure is lifted.
for the dmv test u dont do a figure 8. just that damn balance uturn in the box, and i jsut barely clipped the line with my front, rear cleard it fine.

yep, on my 636.
and ur visor can be up, as long as u have eye protection of some kind.
now i can concentrate on my stand-ups and endos, in 5:00 traffic. and not worry about a "no endorsement" ticket! hahaha

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
now i can concentrate on my stand-ups and endos, in 5:00 traffic. and not worry about a "no endorsement" ticket! hahaha
[:Squid]

lol....now get out there and practice your stoppies! [:p]

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
Originally posted by nevada
20yr's!!! damn..here its only good for 3 mos at a time. and can only be renewed once. so a total of 6 mos. then ur done.
dam! here a permit is good for 1 year and can be renewed for the rest of your life lol

congrats, i just got mine bout 3 months ago. been on the permit a few years. i usually don't start riding till bout 8pm and them $125 permit violations were adding up haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.