Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just won a pair of risers for my zx-6r, but I will need to make sure I get longer brake lines. Anyone know how long the stock brake lines are?

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
89 Posts
not sure, off hand .your gona have to measure it manually. i think the stock brake lines have a little slack.

forks look like a pain on the ass to remove, are you putting the new clip on holders yourself?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I did the same thing w/mine and got Galfer ss lines for the front. The rep I spoke to made a custom set for me which were 2 inches longer than stock (he knew right away how long the stock ones were). If I did it again I would go w/ only 1 inch over stock as they are a little long.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks...

Genmar didn't make them for the 02 model....

you must have a pre 2000 model right?

anyhow, my riser are suppose to add 1.5 inches, should I still go for 1 inch longer line or be safe and go with 2 inch longer...

I'm getting the two brothers V3 Risers....

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah, I have a '95. I was just looking at the lines again, my risers are less than one inch, and it looks like 1" over lines would've been just right. For yours I think going 2" over would definately be the right fit.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks....

better safe than sorry,,i will go with 2 inch....

p.s.

did the riser help in comfort? you know keeping the weight off your wrists?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool, I'm looking into a corbin seat...

plan on doing some touring next season to Deals Gap and such so I want to make my bike as comfy as possible....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.