Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my new Leo Factory EVO II full system. Super easy to install despite the instructions which are nothing compared to Yosh & Akra instructions. The sound with the sound insert in isn't too much louder then stock w/ a link pipe and with the insert out it sounds like my old Yosh RS-4 w/ link pipe. I installed a PC-V with a DynoJet Leo Vince system download and it runs great. Very strong now but when I save the money I'll get a custom dyno map made for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
I never had a slip on + midpipe but WITH the insert in my bike was measured at 102Db (one passage of 104) so I'd say it's still pretty loud. With it off it just SCREAMS! A bit too much for me to be honest... I had a full Akra on the 07R6 and it was waaaaaaay quieter.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey ZX6-OZ are you going to get a link pipe for that Leo slip-on? When I had my Yosh slip-on I added a linkpipe- I shaved off 5 lbs and and gained almost 2 hp. It did make the Yosh louder and it didn't have a sound insert. I got my link pipe from PineBox but I noticed when I took it off at 7k miles that the mounting tab broke off the pipe. I had the Akra link pipe on my ZX10 and it was still in great shape after 30K miles.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Mine is also the full system! Same as yours but with a Ti can. Sorry, I guess my previous post was a bit confusing...

Let me ask you one thing, though. Did you feel any difference with the XTRE? I'm still tossing the idea around, not sure if I'll get one or not.
At the moment my bike has the full system/Bazzaz QS/MWR HE airfilter and a few other bits and pieces.

She feels alright but if the XTRE makes a noticeable difference I might get one. Being a track bike, a little more power never hurts...

·
Hooligan
1,704 Posts
Mine is also the full system! Same as yours but with a Ti can. Sorry, I guess my previous post was a bit confusing...

Let me ask you one thing, though. Did you feel any difference with the XTRE? I'm still tossing the idea around, not sure if I'll get one or not.
At the moment my bike has the full system/Bazzaz QS/MWR HE airfilter and a few other bits and pieces.

She feels alright but if the XTRE makes a noticeable difference I might get one. Being a track bike, a little more power never hurts...
pm'd

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's so hard to tell if the XTRE really helped. It seems to help a little in the part throttle positions in the lower gears but it's not as noticeable as when I added it to my ZX10's. But it doesn't seem to make any difference on full throttle runs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts