Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new 2008 zx10r and the first thing i want to get rid of is the ugly exhaust on it. I like how the m4 looks better but i like leo better as a brand. What do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Two very diff sounds imo (youtube) and looks... not a big fan of either really, like the sound of the leo better though... buy what you think looks/sounds the best, who cares bout us haha

Those bikes really dont need any more power anyway rode my buddies 08 once and bout shit when i cranked on it :D....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea Im not really looking for power which is why im only buying a slip on. I just want something that looks better than the ugly stock muffler and something that sounds better too.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I got the M4 on my 08, and love the looks of it, they sound good also, the LeoVince?? not a fan of the looks of it, i had a TwoBrothers on the bike before I got the M4, so now I have that laying around LOL but if you want to save some money id go with the M4. im not to sure on how much the LeoVince is?? but im sure its more? post some pics .

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the M4 on mine, it is very loud but looks killer. There are two styles of Leo Vince slip on GP style cans, I don't like the one with the welds on the can. Neither of them attach to the header like the M4 does, and neither of them get rid of the boom box pre-muffler thing. If the (non weld) Leo GP slip on mounted in the same way as the M4, I would have gone that route. Also check out the Racefit Mega if you are made of money and want a bad ass Ti can that mounts like the M4.

·
Registered
233 Posts
yeah or you can always look at the LOR from sbkshop.com those pipes are kinda like the Racefit Growler but at a much better price for a slip on, and looks and sounds like the Growler. but like bird dog0347 said those leovince dont get rid of the big heavy ass boombox crap.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill get some picks up later. I just finished all the paperwork just an hour ago. So I finally own the bike of my dreams. I didnt know that the leo didnt get rid of the boom box so that takes that out then. lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ill get some picks up later. I just finished all the paperwork just an hour ago. So I finally own the bike of my dreams. I didnt know that the leo didnt get rid of the boom box so that takes that out then. lol
You could always buy that AND the Akra link pipe that removes the boom box and adds the lower fairing back.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I found an M4 on ebay... but the price bothers me, seems a little low. What do they usually go for?

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
yeah or you can always look at the LOR from sbkshop.com those pipes are kinda like the Racefit Growler but at a much better price for a slip on, and looks and sounds like the Growler. but like bird dog0347 said those leovince dont get rid of the big heavy ass boombox crap.
The LOR pipes look BAD ASS. :plusone:

·
Registered
233 Posts
thats sounds awwesome!! wish i had that as a ring tone.
Yes it does sound awesome... I cant wait to get another video with the baffle out this time and I will do it at the same place.. that should be even louder then..

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just picked up the M4 for around $380. I love the looks of it and for the sound I'll let you know as soon as I put it on.

·
Registered
233 Posts
you should like the sound of that M4 its nice and loud but not that shitty sounding crap loud..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is the M4 really a LOT louder than other slip-ons like the Leo Vince GP, etc.? Also, did you lose power down low with it? Was a PCIII necessary for the powerband to be smooth?

·
Registered
233 Posts
yes the M4 is alot louder than other silip ons and yes with it the power was not smooth at all esp riding around town it was very jerky feeling when getting on and off the throttle ..

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am battling with the same quetions, although I am interested in the two brothers and the micron gp at the same time. lol any input?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts