Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know, I'm a squid...but just hear me out ;)

On my way to a buddies house, I have to take an expressway (294, for you Chicagoans) And as I was getting onto the exit ramp, leaning into it, something felt wrong immediately. I had taken this turn countless times before, and figured "It'll be fine."

Sure enough, there was real fine gravel that my tire just could not handle. So instead of barreling into the guardrail, I decided to lay it down and pray to not get rolled over by a semi. I have some dirtbike exp. and countless time on a BMX so I think my instincts on falling kinda helped me out when I had to bail at like 50 mph.

Now, my right side plastics are a little f-ed up, but nothing serious. And I got a nasty little raspberry on my left shin and right knee. Helmet was unscathed, and my upper-body was fine. Bike started right up, and is running perfectly sound and my mechanic buddies could find nothing wrong with it. I lucked out.

Moral of the story? Never, never take a road you've been on hundreds, thousands of times, for granted. Because you never know what may have changed overnight or just two seconds before! :D

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Glad to hear your Ok, and unfortuneately had to learn a lesson the hardway...
Hope everything works out for you with getting her cleaned up again..

keep it on 2 man

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
45,304 Posts
+1 Glad you are okay and that is very good advice. That's why after every track day, I get slower on the road cuz you just don't know what could be in that next turn. Road kill? Gravel? Oil? Good to hear your bike is not to f'd up either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.