Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
bet that must piss the fuck out of oncoming traffic...are those HID in stock housings? Least you went with white underglow, not as bad as the coloured type.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bet that must piss the fuck out of oncoming traffic...are those HID in stock housings? Least you went with white underglow, not as bad as the coloured type.
the hid came with the bike when i bought it. i am unsure if its the stock housing

·
Registered
29 Posts
It probably is the stock housing. Projector housing wouldn't give that much glare. Are there a lot of people in oncoming traffic who flash their high beams thinking yours are on?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It probably is the stock housing. Projector housing wouldn't give that much glare. Are there a lot of people in oncoming traffic who flash their high beams thinking yours are on?
nope never got that notic from on coming drivers. and i had the bike since jan this year.

where can i get the right housing?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
nope never got that notic from on coming drivers. and i had the bike since jan this year.

where can i get the right housing?
if your stock housings are just chrome reflectors, the proper way to do it is get some projectors to mount in them (called doing a "retrofit"). The bulbs fit in the projectors, which have cutoffs, so that no glare goes over this cutoff and no blinding light hits the eyes of oncoming drivers.

I build them for all my vehicles. I only buy from these guys...they know their shit;
theretrofitsource.com

·
Registered
29 Posts
if your stock housings are just chrome reflectors, the proper way to do it is get some projectors to mount in them (called doing a "retrofit"). The bulbs fit in the projectors, which have cutoffs, so that no glare goes over this cutoff and no blinding light hits the eyes of oncoming drivers.

I build them for all my vehicles. I only buy from these guys...they know their shit;
theretrofitsource.com
They loook good but they are expensive as shit...I was quoted $695 for a kit for my bike...

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
They loook good but they are expensive as shit...I was quoted $695 for a kit for my bike...
Then youre doing it wrong. Morimito mini h1 kit is ideal and no reflector cutting required. Did mine this past winter, cost me approx. $280 shipped to canada for the parts. Add another $100ish to get someone to build em for you if you don't want anything too fancy...here's mine;

of course I got fancy with oversized shrouds and LED angel eyes shining through, since I like a challenge. HUGE improvement over stock light output. Best mod I've done so far, by far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts