Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Kawasaki dropped it after a certain year, 1996? but never updated their manual. I don't think the 500 will last much longer especially with the new 250. It is no longer available in CA and NY.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what happend to your bike ? hope you didn't
get hurt. I have to say you did a great job
putting your EX back toghther.
Love the blue ZX

evileye

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
what happend to your bike ? hope you didn't
get hurt. I have to say you did a great job
putting your EX back toghther.
Love the blue ZX

evileye

My father in law didn't make the turn. He got hurt but he's okay now. Insurance totaled the bike and I bought it back and fixed it myself.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,326 Posts
My father in law didn't make the turn. He got hurt but he's okay now. Insurance totaled the bike and I bought it back and fixed it myself.

Thanks.
I love the flat blackness! I know the ex has to be your baby, after all the time spent fixing it, but how often do you ride it? Does it feel funny jumping off the zx and hopping on the 500? I rode my buddy's 500 just after getting off my zzr and its was a whole different world (slower, upright, loose, rough, but still fun). I would love to get one for the wife.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I love the flat blackness! I know the ex has to be your baby, after all the time spent fixing it, but how often do you ride it? Does it feel funny jumping off the zx and hopping on the 500? I rode my buddy's 500 just after getting off my zzr and its was a whole different world (slower, upright, loose, rough, but still fun). I would love to get one for the wife.
I still enjoy riding it especially for commuting. It's comfortable, great for riding 2 up and gets good gas mileage. Anytime I feel like my 6 is not fast, I ride the 500 for a few days and jump on the 6. I've technically gave it to the wife but she still needs to learn how to ride - hopfuly this spring.

I just need a liter and I'll be happy :D.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, there aren't too many pics here, so thought I would add one. This is my bike right before we headed left for a trip up the Pacific Coast Highway to Monterey last month. The ride was awesome! Who says the 500R isn't a touring bike?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts