Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
i hear the words and the energy ..but im stupid so i bought a 636 06 as the first rid 3y ago. neva been down. what he said and the other guy copied is all true n newbies should not only read but understand ..but wtf im dumb n i lived

·
Overwhelming Splendidery
13,552 Posts
Nothing to contribute? Why even post?

i hear the words and the energy ..but im stupid so i bought a 636 06 as the first rid 3y ago. neva been down. what he said and the other guy copied is all true n newbies should not only read but understand ..but wtf im dumb n i lived
:confused: good for you?

On topic... : The letter that was posted is the same shit we go through every day here on KF. Hopefully someone takes it (or our oen personal advice to heart) and is a bit safer or a better rider because of it :dunno:

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
This part of the letter is true:

Newbie is invincible, holds superpowers, never makes mistakes, has a “level head”, or has a skill set that exceeds the majority of the world, etc

:D

·
Registered
76 Posts
fuck the article~~:Twofinger:
i bought 2009 cbr 1000rr last year n i put 4500miles by now.. i started track days with my 1000rr..
4500miles is all my experience of motorcycle riding.. and just bought zx 6r as my track bike now..
i didn't even know hot to shift gears , but now im one of those track junkies..:cool:
im not in an advance group..
still!! come one!!
it is all depend on a person and being responsible and respectful when u stat learning how to ride a motorcycle..

maybe he felt superior when he wrote that article..
simply an idiot~

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
Right, because statistics and experienced riders say this stuff just for their health and to blow smoke up your ass.

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
fuck the article~~:Twofinger:
i bought 2009 cbr 1000rr last year n i put 4500miles by now.. i started track days with my 1000rr..
4500miles is all my experience of motorcycle riding.. and just bought zx 6r as my track bike now..
i didn't even know hot to shift gears , but now im one of those track junkies..:cool:
im not in an advance group..
still!! come one!!
it is all depend on a person and being responsible and respectful when u stat learning how to ride a motorcycle..

maybe he felt superior when he wrote that article..
simply an idiot~
or maybe he really is superior to you
and you're simply an idiot

yeah that sounds about right :thumbup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
or maybe he really is superior to you
and you're simply an idiot

yeah that sounds about right :thumbup:
come out and ride w/ me.

i wonder if u know how to ride..
dont pimp in the parking lot..

Poser~~~
im pretty sure that is what u do...:Laughing rolling:

·
13,060 Posts
come out and ride w/ me.

i wonder if u know how to ride..
dont pimp in the parking lot..

Poser~~~
im pretty sure that is what u do...:Laughing rolling:
:lol:
i find it funny that you just grab some random biker insult out of the air and try to apply it to me when you know nothing about me.

I know enough from your response to know that you are a lucky idiot and because you got lucky, you seem to think that everyone should follow your lead.

So hit and a miss, care to try again?

·
Registered
76 Posts
:lol:
i find it funny that you just grab some random biker insult out of the air and try to apply it to me when you know nothing about me.

I know enough from your response to know that you are a lucky idiot and because you got lucky, you seem to think that everyone should follow your lead.

So hit and a miss, care to try again?
try to be smart??
wanna play w/ words? u like that?
ok u won! i lost!:violent: i dont have time to do this..
yes i am the idiot.. coool
i am not gonna deny i never had dangerous moments...
however it is all about a rider!
most of incidents are riders' errors..

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
43,052 Posts
most of incidents are riders' errors..

I won’t necessarily disagree with this, rather I’ll add to it. Lots of accidents caused by rider error do happen with new riders who have not acquired the skill set needed to respond to unexpected situations that arise.

Also, a significant number of rider error accidents are caused from cocky a-holes who think they are above making any such error because hey, they started out on a liter bike and have 4500 miles with no accidents, plus they have a few track days to boot. They think they are superior riders and often realize they are not but that realization is usually found after they find themselves wadded-up under a guard rail somewhere.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Also, a significant number of rider error accidents are caused from cocky a-holes who think they are above making any such error because hey, they started out on a liter bike and have 4500 miles with no accidents, plus they have a few track days to boot. They think they are superior riders and often realize they are not but that realization is usually found after they find themselves wadded-up under a guard rail somewhere.
sounds like u want me to be under a guard rail somewhere.
wow, that is sad~
cocky a-holes? a few track days?????????????????????? lol
when did i say i was better than anyone?
say it if u feel better. make me feel bad but wont be bothered.

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
That's not at all what prs is saying. What he is saying is that many people find out the hard way that bike control is best learned on something that won't bite you.

A 250 or anything not classified as 'sportbike' or 'superbike' is much more forgiving when it comes to errors and the ability to correct them.

You may be gaining great experience on the track but at the same time people tend to learn momentum, steering, and braking control quicker on a less powerful bike.

To give you an example, I've ridden with a bunch of superbike guys that have around the same seat time as you, they can't hold a candle to me in the twisty bits on 8 year old bike with a janky suspension that hasn't been tuned for my weight...

These guys would mash throttle anytime I came near them because their ego got in the way, and almost punted me off the road at least 3 times in the process, due to riding over their heads...

·
43,052 Posts
wow, that is sad~

Nah man. I don’t want to be under any guard rail and I don’t want you or anybody else there either. I do apologize because I wasn’t trying to say that. It’s just when you called the author of the posted article an “idiot” you really painted yourself in a bad light.

I rode cruiser-type bikes when I was younger. I didn’t ride for number of years and my first 2 bike purchases when I came back were; 1) Buell Cyclone (1203cc) and a Yamaha R1. Fortunately for me, I don’t ride with an ego and I have fairly good throttle control. Over the years I’ve learned much. I now ride a 636 & a 750 and have no real desire for a liter bike as it’s just not necessary. Okay, maybe I want a CBR 1000rr or the BMW just a little. So I can’t really rag on you for starting off on a liter bike but your “idiot” comment and your statement to bubbleboy just screamed cockiness to me and I’ve seen too many cocky a-holes write checks their riding skills just can’t cash.

A little humility now is a lot better than eating a plateful of crow and humble pie later, not to mention losing a pound of flesh on the tarmac.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
wow, that is sad~
Let me translate prs' post so you can understand it better, since you clearly missed the point.

There are people out there (you are clearly one of these people) who come to the game with no experience, but for some reason think they know it all. The only experience they value is their own, clearly very limited, experience. They think 4,500 miles is a lot and there couldn't be anything they'll have to experience on the road that they haven't already experienced because they've seen and done it all.

No one here has wished you any ill will. In fact (a fact which escapes you) the whole purpose of this thread and the reinforcement several people here have given is geared directly toward keeping you on two wheels. They're trying to encourage people who aren't so ignorant and hard-headed as you to take their experience into account and start on a more reasonable first bike so that you can at least postpone becoming a statistic.

You say you're not one of "those" people, but your posts in this thread alone directly contradict how you are trying to portray yourself.

Great post Jeff. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Guys Guys!!

We're all motorcycle riders here!

Why are we fighting over what someone rides or doesn't ride? Who cares???

Why are we fighting over what bike someone learns on?? Who cares???

I FOR ONE DON'T GIVE A SHIT!! I DON'T CARE!!

If someone were to ask my opinion, then I would tell them to start on a 250, but I wouldn't hate them because they started on anything larger than that!! To each his own no one is better or worse than anyone else based on the motorcycle they learned on!!

Give me a break!

I've seen squids on 250's!! I've seen awesome riders on ZX14's

I've been riding for over 30 years, but that does that mean I'm better or worse than anyone else riding a motorcycle? I started back in the day on a 750!! That does not mean I'm better or worse than the guy starting on a 250.

Two words:

WHO CARES???

Do your thing and BE HAPPY!!

:D

OK carry on!!

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Two words:

WHO CARES???
I care. This dude is on his path, but you never know what silent noob you might help toward a more appropriate first bike.

That's why I always recommend the MSF to noobs, I always recommend gear and further riding education before stupid blingy/hp upgrades, and I always recommend a smaller used bike as a starter.

You don't care and that is your right. I care and that is mine.

·
43,052 Posts
I hear you Newbie but this isn't about what you start on as much as it's about having a realistic grasp on your abilities...or lack thereof. It’s been my experience that people who scoff at good advice and call the source of such good advice an “idiot” usually are the same people who have a warped sense of their own talent and as such they often, by virtue of thinking they are above crashing, do indeed crash and often times hurt others in the process.

This is something about which we all should care. ;)

·
13,060 Posts
I care. This dude is on his path, but you never know what silent noob you might help toward a more appropriate first bike.

That's why I always recommend the MSF to noobs, I always recommend gear and further riding education before stupid blingy/hp upgrades, and I always recommend a smaller used bike as a starter.

I hear you Newbie but this isn't about what you start on as much as it's about having a realistic grasp on your abilities...or lack thereof. It’s been my experience that people who scoff at good advice and call the source of such good advice an “idiot” usually are the same people who have a warped sense of their own talent and as such they often, by virtue of thinking they are above crashing, do indeed crash and often times hurt others in the process.

This is something about which we all should care. ;)
^ all of this
couldn't have said it better

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts

Don't get me wrong I do recommend everything you just said, but I won't hate on them because they choose their own path.

;)

21 - 40 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.