Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
i think all new 250 vs super sport threads from here out should be deleted... they always end up with 2 sides fighting each other... if you want to be on the safe side get a 250... if you dont want to wait and sell your 250 buy a ss but e warned dont be comfortable till you have put some real miles under your tires cause the 2 weeks in your gonna feel like a champ and BAM enjoy the pavement

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
No word of a lie: the first bike I EVER rode was one of my friend's Suzuki Hayabusa. I went really slow and didnt use much throttle. If you take your time, go step by step slow and dont feel unconfortable, I don't think there's anything stupid in that. A riding course to learn basic technics wont kill either ! If you're confident enough and know what you are doing with the right information, you should be good to go. From what I know, any skilled rider has fell at least once (even if the bike wasnt in motion) !

*my 2 cent*
no

confidence means nothing on a bike beyond having enough confidence to swing a leg over a bike

I won't argue except to recommend you go talk with newbies who have gotten into serious accidents...oh wait, a lot of them are dead but if the dead could talk, I'm sure they'd say they were confident alright.

i think all new 250 vs super sport threads from here out should be deleted... they always end up with 2 sides fighting each other... if you want to be on the safe side get a 250... if you dont want to wait and sell your 250 buy a ss but e warned dont be comfortable till you have put some real miles under your tires cause the 2 weeks in your gonna feel like a champ and BAM enjoy the pavement
^this

·
Registered
5 Posts
n00b ER-6n

Just got my first bike, and plan on plenty of practice on nearby empty streets and parking lots before I venture out into the traffic wilds...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just bought a 650r as my 1st bike...just because I've been looking for a 250 for over a year, but theyre in such high demand, that as soon as I see one for sale, I go to the dealer or individual selling it as soon as I can and it has already been sold.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you want to be on the safe side get a 250... if you dont want to wait and sell your 250 buy a ss but e warned dont be comfortable till you have put some real miles under your tires cause the 2 weeks in your gonna feel like a champ and BAM enjoy the pavement..

·
Registered
328 Posts
this was a pretty good read!

for those who say they will "outgrow" a 250.. whats the legal speed limit, and how fast can it go? my buddys wife has one and it can do 180km/hr with his 220lb ass on it. that gives you your 100km/hr speed limit with 80km of passing availability. You dont need anything more.. we just want more!! but what do i know, i started on a LTD440. 10+years later i have a bunch of bikes. still no accidents.

little bikes seem to hold their value 10x over a mid size and big bore.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i plan on starting out on a zx6r. i sat on a 250 and it felt too small for me. I do plan on doing the safety course (MSF) and if i have any doubt at all or feel i am not ready then i will go with a 650r, but if i feel comfortable i am going with the zx6r. safety is important to me so i will not be some squid popping wheelies 2 months after i start riding. i do also plan to go all out and get a bunch of safety equipment. i know too many people first hand who learned on a supersport and they have given me guidance. most, if not all of them told me if i feel like show boating at all or am not mature enough, stay away from supersports.

I love how this post is an open letter to new riders, and DR Rider has literally said almost all of the things that the author offered as "typical new rider lines".

INTERESTING FACT:
Humans and lemmings are the only creatures that will kill themselves willingly out of sheer stupidity.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.