Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking with a neighbor who owns an 03 R6. He bought it new from the Yama dealership, and i guess Yamaha credit/financing. The financing company did not require full comprehensive/collision insurance because the bike's value was under $10K.

Anyone else hear of this type of loan?

Please lets not go in the direction of " yeah but why would you want just liability insurance." We all know what comprehensive/coll. pays for.

Thanks [8D]

·
Registered
67 Posts
yea i financed thru kawicard or HSBC and they dont require insurance at all. I have a 06 636. I have just liability, uninsured/underinsured myself cause full coverage was way to much like $6,000 a year. I have never had a ticket of anykind, good credit and no accidents.

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you can afford it then go for it, I just dont see the need for collision ins. DOnt drive like an idiot and you wont need it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
200 a year for liability, 1800 a year for full coverage for me, 23yo male, no tickets or accidents

·
Registered
474 Posts
Kawi financing is unsecure loan, so they dont require full coverage (or any coverage for that matter)... Its not recommended, and Kawi financing is more like a credit card than a conventional loan, I believe its even compound interest rather than simple interest...

Its a poor financial choice if there are other options available, and should be only be used as a last resort.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If any of you have state farm for auto insurance check them out for your bike. I have full coverage with 500 deductable for only $189.00 every 6 months. Im 26 y/o with no tickets.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Guys you need to check out State Farm.

I switched my car too them recently and that allowed me to BUY A BIKE with the savings!

I pay $195 a month for liability on my car, $10,000 renters coverage, and full-coverage to the max on my bike, including my gear and I'm covered on every single damn situation possible!

If I just had the bike on there, it'd be $85 a month so check that stuff out guys.

P.S. - I'm 19 and have a speeding ticket that I payed to keep on the DL but I told them anyways.

·
Registered
380 Posts
My bike is $27 month with $100 comp and $250 coll. deductible through State Farm. I upped my collision because I heard of a guy who laid over to avoid an elk and since no animal in sight it went under his collision. I confirmed with the insurance company that if there's a carcass to prove you hit an animal it would be comp but otherwise pretty much any accident would fall under collision. My buddy just canceled his insurance on his 06 gixxer 750 the beginning of this month and laid it over this morning. For $27/month I'll keep mine covered.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mine is $18/mo full coverage State farm. 27yrs old. No tickets. My 05 gsxr600 was $15/mo. Everyone else wanted $120-200/mo. I have no idea how one company will tell you 150 per month and the next 15 per month. You just have to check around.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Originally posted by ffej
Kawi financing is unsecure loan, so they dont require full coverage (or any coverage for that matter)... Its not recommended, and Kawi financing is more like a credit card than a conventional loan, I believe its even compound interest rather than simple interest...

Its a poor financial choice if there are other options available, and should be only be used as a last resort.
Every loan your every gonna get from a bank is compound interest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.